The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 01, 2006, 06:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~eyes
The biggest thing is to make sure that the team that scored also inbounds the ball. Do not allow the other team to inbound it otherwise you will really be screwed up.

When this happens to me (it has happened to me occasionally), I whistle the play. Signal to the table to score it, making sure it gets added on the scoreboard to the right team. Then tell the teams which way they are going and as mentioned, ensure the correct team is inbounding the ball.
And that is the correct mechanic for a situation in which a player or team is confused and scores in the wrong goal. This is stated in the simplified and illustrated book. However, for an accidental tip-in during which all the players know which way they should be attacking, the official should NOT stopped the game, unless the wrong team is now attempting the throw-in. In that case, you would call a delay of game warning.