The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 31, 2006, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea
What JRut and I are talking about are two completely different things. JRut is taking about the officials listing their names and IHSA numbers in the scorebook for identificatin purposes prior to the game. I am talking specifically about the R signing (like placing your signature on a legal document) the official scorers book after the game has concluded to approve the final score of a state tournament game. Use the following link; go to Section VII, G "Rules of Play", #4 (pg 7) - This is the "Terms & Conditions" document from the IHSA regarding the state tournament.

http://www.ihsa.org/tc/2005-06/bkbtc.pdf

This specifically states what I have mentioned above. As I've stated before, most officials I've talked to don't know of this requirement and do not implement this practice during the state tournament.

Hopefully that clears this up. As others have said before, I do not believe there is a FED rule/requirement to sign the score book at any time.

You don't sign your name to anything for ratings. You just give both coaches your name and number before the game. I don't know of anything in Illinois asking for a signature at the end of the game except for volleyball. You do sign the official scorekeeper's book at the end of a game in volleyball. I can't remember if you do in Indiana or not.