The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Signing Score Book!? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25813-signing-score-book.html)

Burtis449 Wed Mar 29, 2006 07:07am

Signing Score Book!?

National Federation.
It it written anywhere in the rule book or case book that the referees have to sign the score book?

Jurassic Referee Wed Mar 29, 2006 07:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burtis449
National Federation.
It it written anywhere in the rule book or case book that the referees have to sign the score book?

No.

Are you kidding me? I just answered "no" first, and a little pop-up told me that my response has to be 10 letters long. Wassup with that?:confused:

How about this, Brad......"no fuking way". That's 11 letters.:D

ChuckElias Wed Mar 29, 2006 08:34am

Really?

wow. I just did it and that's very strange. No kidding. What is the reason behind that, I wonder? No more contests for the shortest reply. . .

truerookie Wed Mar 29, 2006 08:58am

I have experienced that too. I came to the conclusion, you have to speak in complete sentences.

Jurassic Referee Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by truerookie
I have experienced that too. I came to the conclusion, you have to speak in complete sentences.

"No" isn't a complete sentence?:confused:

ChuckElias Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:32am

A complete sentence requires a subject and a verb. Either may be implied. But the word "no" doesn't fulfill the requirement.

Jurassic Referee Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
A complete sentence requires a subject and a verb. Either may be implied. But the word "no" doesn't fulfill the requirement.

Oh????????

mick Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:09am

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/fr...smiley-013.gif

mick Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burtis449
National Federation.

Michigan does not require a signature, but it does require Name, ID#, Hometown.

JRutledge Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:14am

I do not believe there is any place that requires an official to sign the book. I just know that in my state it is required that we do so for ratings purposes at all varsity games.

Peace

truerookie Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
"No" isn't a complete sentence?:confused:

I have to say "no" to you question JR.

mick Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24am

<HR> Is "I am" the shortest English sentence?

29-May-1998
<HR>Dear Cecil:
A page of fun facts making the rounds says "I am" is the shortest complete sentence in English. Can this be true? --Jim Kepler, Chicago
Dear Jim:
No.
You object: "No" isn't a sentence! A sentence needs a predicate!
Oh, OK. Ready?
Go.
You object again: That's cheating! The subject is only implied! Who could possibly call that a sentence?
I.
Yeah, right, you say. And we're supposed to just take your word for it?
! :o

ChuckElias Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I do not believe there is any place that requires an official to sign the book.

Ok, so there's no place where it is required. Got it.

Quote:

I just know that in my state it is required that we do so for ratings purposes at all varsity games.
Wait. . . :confused:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Dan_ref Wed Mar 29, 2006 01:34pm

Shut up is not allowed, under 10 characters.

However, shut TF up is allowed.

You're welcome Chuck.

jeffpea Wed Mar 29, 2006 01:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
I do not believe there is any place that requires an official to sign the book. I just know that in my state it is required that we do so for ratings purposes at all varsity games.

Peace

According to the IHSA Policies/Procedures for the state tournament, the R is to sign the official score book at the conclusion of each game. If it is not done at the scorer's table, it can be done in the locker room in and must be in the presence of the official scorer and the host site adminstrator.

I have not come across an official who has signed the book in the state tournament (all rounds) or an official who knew they were supposed to sign the book.