The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 03:37am
Official Forum Member

little howler monkey

I know this is totally off any officiating topic but a couple of you asked for an update and I can't resist. My first child - Ella Maria - was born Monday. After spending the week in ICU she was discharged today and Mom and Ella are safe at home.

It is as miraculous as everyone says and it doesn't hurt that she seems like she was born to fit in the crook of my arm. I won't bore you with all the details and a bunch of photos - we all know that other people's newborns look like Buddy Hackett. She is a coach's daughter, however, 1' 8 3/4" (I'm starting in with height right away instead of length) and she can already dribble to both sides. OK, just one:

Last edited by bebanovich; Sat Mar 25, 2006 at 03:53am.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 07:07am
In Memoriam

Conratulations go to the proud Papa.....

Enjoy the heck out of her.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Congratulations
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 09:39am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
I know this is totally off any officiating topic but a couple of you asked for an update and I can't resist. My first child - Ella Maria - was born Monday. After spending the week in ICU she was discharged today and Mom and Ella are safe at home.

It is as miraculous as everyone says and it doesn't hurt that she seems like she was born to fit in the crook of my arm. I won't bore you with all the details and a bunch of photos - we all know that other people's newborns look like Buddy Hackett. She is a coach's daughter, however, 1' 8 3/4" (I'm starting in with height right away instead of length) and she can already dribble to both sides. OK, just one:
Congratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous.

It seems like yesterday our daughter was born, but yesterday we went and bought her first pair of sneakers. $42 Stride-Rites that she'll grow out of in 3 months :-). She's already 14 months old and I still remember the call I got on the way to a boys varsity game last January when my wife said she was heading to the hospital, but that it would be a while so I should just go work my game (I did and it was a while -- 2 days later-- before our daughter was born).

If you can, take some time off of work and do nothing but enjoy her and take care of Mom.

--Rich

PS - Here's a picture of my daughter 14 months from where you are now. I miss Casey the newborn, but I love watching Casey the toddler. I'll miss her someday, too, while I'm enjoying where she is at the time. I'm in no way trying to hijack your thread, but I remember telling everyone here about Casey's birth and then never really gave an update, so this seemed like a good place.

Last edited by Rich; Sat Mar 25, 2006 at 09:47am.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 09:53am
In Memoriam

Rich, she's cute as a button. Enjoy the heck out of her too while you can.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:08am
Esteemed Participant

Congrats bebanovich (and you too Rich),,,she's a doll. Kinda changes your outlook on life, doesn't she! As one whose youngest is now 12, you are making me feel old! Congrats again.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

A couple of cuties there. They'll be talking back before you know it.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:25am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich

She's a tall baby, ready for the WNBA. According to one of the calculators I have bookmarked, 20 3/4" puts her in the 90th percentile.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Bebe -- Isn't it fabulous? I look back on my successful births, and I see confetti in the air, even though I know that there wasn't any. It's that kind of experience. Enjoy every minute, and groan your way loudly through the sleepless inghts, the long colicky afternoons, the poopy diapers. Even those memories will hold some sweetness later in life. And don't forget to take lots of pictures. Certain "esteemed members" won't want to see them on this board (although lots of us wouldn't mind), but you'll cherish them later, and enjoy having them to share with family and friends.

Congratulations to you and your wife!
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Congratulations, Coach! (and you also, Rich!) There is absolutely nothing like your first-born (mine peed on me first time I held him ). He is now expecting his first-born and he just found out it will be first-born(s). Don't know yet if identical or fraternal.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Congratulations bebanovich!! My advice: avoid bottle-feeding - that way you are unable to be the one to feed the baby in the middle of the night!! My baby girl turned 17 years old yesterday - the teenage years can be really enjoyable, though awfully bu$y. I hope I have to wait a few years for grandchildren, but look forward that someday...
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 11:08pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjenning
Congratulations bebanovich!! My advice: avoid bottle-feeding - that way you are unable to be the one to feed the baby in the middle of the night!! My baby girl turned 17 years old yesterday - the teenage years can be really enjoyable, though awfully bu$y. I hope I have to wait a few years for grandchildren, but look forward that someday...
That will come sooner than you think. It did for me.
Old Sun Mar 26, 2006, 09:10am
Huck Finn

Congrats coach!
Old Sun Mar 26, 2006, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
So she's already following in your (semi) howling footsteps, eh?

Mine is 10 and she doesn't want anything to do with a striped shirt and whistle. I keep hinting that one day she might come with me to the new applicants classes, but she won't even give me a "maybe".

Congrats and enjoy!
Old Sun Mar 26, 2006, 09:21am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
So she's already following in your (semi) howling footsteps, eh?

Mine is 10 and she doesn't want anything to do with a striped shirt and whistle. I keep hinting that one day she might come with me to the new applicants classes, but she won't even give me a "maybe".

Congrats and enjoy!
Well, maybe if you stopped using the whistle so much at home.....