View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 09:39am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
I know this is totally off any officiating topic but a couple of you asked for an update and I can't resist. My first child - Ella Maria - was born Monday. After spending the week in ICU she was discharged today and Mom and Ella are safe at home.

It is as miraculous as everyone says and it doesn't hurt that she seems like she was born to fit in the crook of my arm. I won't bore you with all the details and a bunch of photos - we all know that other people's newborns look like Buddy Hackett. She is a coach's daughter, however, 1' 8 3/4" (I'm starting in with height right away instead of length) and she can already dribble to both sides. OK, just one:
Congratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous.

It seems like yesterday our daughter was born, but yesterday we went and bought her first pair of sneakers. $42 Stride-Rites that she'll grow out of in 3 months :-). She's already 14 months old and I still remember the call I got on the way to a boys varsity game last January when my wife said she was heading to the hospital, but that it would be a while so I should just go work my game (I did and it was a while -- 2 days later-- before our daughter was born).

If you can, take some time off of work and do nothing but enjoy her and take care of Mom.

--Rich

PS - Here's a picture of my daughter 14 months from where you are now. I miss Casey the newborn, but I love watching Casey the toddler. I'll miss her someday, too, while I'm enjoying where she is at the time. I'm in no way trying to hijack your thread, but I remember telling everyone here about Casey's birth and then never really gave an update, so this seemed like a good place.

Last edited by Rich; Sat Mar 25, 2006 at 09:47am.