Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wwcfoa43
Quote:
Originally posted by IREFU2
His daughter was playing and was harassing the table and us. So I told the coach that I knew his daughter was on the team that he (the coach) needed to calm him down or I was going to penalize his team. Well, the coach talked to him and he got worse in the second half. So, long story short, we got him removed.
I think you need to be careful with penalizing teams. I had one situation where a player behaved inappropriately and I T'd him. When he walked past me, he swore at me so I T'd him again and he was done. Then a parent started in on me from the stands about my actions. He would not stop so we had to toss the fan. Then to my shock a player on the OPPOSITE TEAM to the player ejected asked "Why did you ask my Dad to leave?" I guess the guy thought he saw a grand injustice and could not sit for it. Never have I had that before or since!
I believe that IREFU2 mentioned that this was during a summer league camp? I've done some of these camp games where the only "administrator" is the 13 year old kid running the clock. In that case, what do you do? About the only leverage you have is the tell the coach that the fan is his problem and get him to deal with it. That, of course, would not be the case during a regular season game.
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 10:46pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
This past summer at our referee camp which was also a HS girls team camp, one of the officials tossed a fan. He knew him and the guy was a problem at every game. It was funny to see the guy out of the gym trying to peer through the doorway to see part of his daughter's game from 20 feet beyond the doorway.

In another instance, there was a fan with a CFL horn and the officials got the AD to seek it out and remove it. The kids wouldn't give it up. The AD knew about where it was. He announced that the whole section would be given the boot if the horn wasn't produced in 60 seconds. Nobody got kicked out.
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
I don�t understand how someone thinks yelling and cursing from the stands is going to help there kid play better.
How come noone T'd this post up? I think the grammar nazis are playing favorites! :-)
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 11:06pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally posted by eyezen
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
I don�t understand how someone thinks yelling and cursing from the stands is going to help there kid play better.
How come noone T'd this post up? I think the grammar nazis are playing favorites! :-)
no one would be the correct usage....
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

I had a super ball fly past me, bounce off the table and roll to the bench during a time out.

I had them announce the do not throw things on the floor speech, and before it was done game management was running into the gym saying, "Who did it?"

I knew the general location, but not the person so I said, "It came from there."

15-20 kids were in the first couple of rows and another 15-20 were a few rows higher up.

The kids in the front were saying they did it, pointing to the kids higher up, and of course the kids higher up were saying the other kids did it.

He threw out the entire section.

But it's not the Arizona record.

Big game between the most obnoxious coach in town and the team he just left for his new job. The home team had the next "LeBron", in his parents eyes that is, and his posse was the most vocal and profane around.

During the game several flare ups occurred amongst the rival fans, and several people were ejected, when early in the second half more of the same nonsense started, the officials and game management emptied the ENTIRE GYM, then finished the game.
Old Thu Jan 05, 2006, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Mr. Grammer Guy says...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by Ref-X
Your right. At the time I though it would be less of an issue if I asked him politly to stop. I was wrong.
Should be: You're right. At the time I though it would be less of an issue if I asked him politely to stop. I was wrong.
Actually, it should be: You're right. At the time, I thought it would be less of an issue if I asked him politely to stop. I was wrong.

Please, leave it to the pros.
Don't do it half way. You missed the part about ...I've also gave...