Thread: Fan Tossed
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

FAN TOSSED: Veteran referee Jack Nies ejected a fan sitting near midcourt during the second quarter.

The man, believed to be an acquaintance of Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, was being verbally abusive, Nies said.

"He was using a lot of profanity," Nies said. "There were a lot of young children and families sitting in the area, and it wasn't going to stop. When he left, it got very quiet."

The man left without incident and was not arrested, according to a police officer providing security at the game.

"I don't know those people," Anthony said after the game.

I was wondering had anyone read this. I have only had to run an FAN once. 8th grade boy’s game. This Kid’s dad was out of control yelling and cursing at the players, his son and the officials. (His son was terrible by the way). He was one rows back, So I walked by and said “Sir I will have to ask you to please stop the cursing there are children present”. He replied with “Well call the F—king game right”. So I walked over to the sight Administrator and informed him “that man must go”. He did not disappoint, he went out yelling, kicking stuff, pointing at me. It was great. Has any one else had to toss a fan?