Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by FrankHtown
Well, then, as a coach, I'd guess I'd be respectfully asking the assigned referees, what other rules we'd be suspending that game, so I could inform my players.
And I would just as respectfully ask where you got your math degree and suggest you get a refund.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Are cases 3.2.2 A or 3.2.2 B or 3.2.2 D or 3.2.2 E, all dealing with players wearing different shirt numbers than were entered in the score book, relevant? Maybe I misread the first post of this thread, but I thought I read one number was in the book, and a different number was on the player.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Are cases 3.2.2 A or 3.2.2 B or 3.2.2 D or 3.2.2 E, all dealing with players wearing different shirt numbers than were entered in the score book, relevant? Maybe I misread the first post of this thread, but I thought I read one number was in the book, and a different number was on the player.
0 and 00 are the same number, which is why you can only have one of them.

1 and 11 are different numbers, which is why you can have both of them.

Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:20am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
You cannot have a 0 and 00 during the game. If that is the kind of thing that ruffles your feathers, then you are just going to have to have your feathers ruffled. I do not see a ruling that specifically considers 0 and 00 as different numbers. All the rulebook says is that you cannot use both. So as far as I am concerned 0 and 00 are the same. I am not going to split hairs. I am not going to split hairs with this rule. I am surely not going to split hairs with any other rule that happens in the game.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

proof that they are the same number

Quote:
we all know that 11-1 = 10 (1 and 11 are different numbers)
00-0=0 I think that 0 and 00 are the same number : )

No T from me...and there is a post above about a player entered in the book as 4 and wearing 4o....that is a T for two reasons LOL
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Re: proof that they are the same number

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Quote:
we all know that 11-1 = 10 (1 and 11 are different numbers)
00-0=0 I think that 0 and 00 are the same number : )

No T from me...and there is a post above about a player entered in the book as 4 and wearing 4o....that is a T for two reasons LOL
That was rookydude. Cut him some slack, he's already told us he was too drunk or something to think staright when he posted.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

LOL yeah I know I just thought that 4-o was kinda funny. even though you hear people say just that LOL....
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

who wants a T

I am with FrankHtown on this one. I definitely think that a T is deserving in Franks situation. Beleive me Frank, if you are coaching and wanting a T for this by all means I am going to T you up.

Play the game. If that is the kind of coach that you would be I feel sorry for your players. What other freebies are you out there looking for.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

I do not coach. But one of our responsibilities is game management. In pre game introduction, the announcer says, "And wearing Number 0, Joe Smith." So, I'm the opposing coach, and out comes Joe Smith in 00. So I go over to the referee and say, "Ref, Joe Smith was announced as 0, but he's wearing 00. Isn't that a technical foul?" and we calmly explain.....what?
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Well, then, as a coach, I'd guess I'd be respectfully asking the assigned referees, what other rules we'd be suspending that game, so I could inform my players.
Well, then, as a referee, I'd guess I'd be respectfully answering that we were definitely not going to be suspending the technical foul rules for smart-a$$ answers from coaches, and you could inform your players of that.

Then I'd puke on your shoes.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

coaches towel

then I would throw you the towel off of your coaches chair to wipe it up with.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

I don't know my player might not be able to guard number 0 as well as guarding 00 . I think it's an advantage to the offense.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Well, then, as a referee, I'd guess I'd be respectfully answering that we were definitely not going to be suspending the technical foul rules for smart-a$$ answers from coaches, and you could inform your players of that.

Then I'd puke on your shoes.
we also would be suspending the use of the coaching box for your team during this game....but I am guessing the players don't really care about that......0=00 I already did the math LOL
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 01:09pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

No T.

Rule 2-3.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Ok, you beat me down. We're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm still looking for the words to explain to the offended coach why we are not calling a technical, when 0 and 00 are both separate, legal numbers, per 3-4-3.