The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by muresan
I don't have a problem with women playing basketball. I just don't like to see women trying to act like men in order to be good, and in basketball, you have to act masculinely aka like a man, to be really good. Honestly, what do you think about women playing football, an even more masculine sport(not just kickers)? female bodybuilders who look really muscular like men, what about that? I don't care if some individuals partake in these endeavors, I just don't think that everybody should act this way and therefore it shouldn't be promoted. Would it be alright with you if the world was nothing but overly muscular female bodybuilders and very feminine drag queens?
Right. Why can't we just go back to the days when men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri?
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 02:51am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by muresan

I just don't like to see women trying to act like men in order to be good, and in basketball, you have to act masculinely aka like a man, to be really good. Honestly, what do you think about women playing football, an even more masculine sport(not just kickers)? female bodybuilders who look really muscular like men, what about that?

Personally I think that it's cute, but I do agree that they shouldn't really be allowed to have muscles. I don't care what it says in the Constitution about the right to bare arms either. Everybody knows that the Constitution was never meant to include wimmen. If wimmen do have muscles, they should be made to wear long-sleeve shirts, the way that God intended! They should also be made to wear bustles while participating in sports too, strictly as a safety measure.

Men are from Earth. And wimmen are from Earth also. And that's gotta change, damnit!

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Apr 7th, 2004 at 04:21 AM]
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

Right. Why can't we just go back to the days when men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri?
Ya know, this board reminds me of Lake Wobegon.

Where the women are strong,
The men are good looking*,
And the children are above average.

* Except Chuck - his picture is one of the scariest ones I've ever seen.

Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 08:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
* Except Chuck - his picture is one of the scariest ones I've ever seen.

[/B][/QUOTE]Right. Small, furry creature.
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

If that is a female squirrel she is acting to masculinely for my taste.
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Fit people look good

Bodybuilders and basketball players are apples and oranges. I don't personally find the bodybuilder look to be an attractive look - I personally think it is somewhat freakish in nature, be it a male or a female. This is not to insult anyone, just a personal taste thing. The bodybuilder physique is at the extreme end of fitness. It is, however, more attractive than the obese physique.

Basketball players generally do not look like bodybuilders. They generally look like fit athletes, and I find that to be an attractive quality in people, as does most of society.

I know that playing ball has contributed to several of my larger players losing between 10 and 20 pounds over the winter because they ran hard for 6 days per week and lifted weights. They did all this without having an eating disoder or using diet pills - they just got more physically fit, the right way to lose weight. In general, I would guess they most guys their age find them more attractive now then when they were carrying that extra weight. Having seen them in formal dress as well, I can say that they dress up quite well and don't look like men in girls clothes (they aren't steroid pumped E. German women!). I don't think that their boyfriends object to their appearance in the slightest - just their parents, who have to fend off all the boys who have an interest in their daughters.
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Fit people look good

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
I don't think that their boyfriends object to their appearance in the slightest - just their parents, who have to fend off all the boys who have an interest in their daughters.
Maybe muresan is calling the grapes a little sour?
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 05:04pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

So, coach, you're saying I shouldn't let my 4 year old play basketball when she gets older? Otherwise, preventing her from dating before she turns 21 will be more difficult?
Old Thu Apr 08, 2004, 06:55am
Official Forum Member

If you want to really prevent your daughter from dating, take that ball away and sit her down in front of the TV with a jumbo bag of Fritos and a box of Twinkies. Repeat daily.
Old Thu Apr 08, 2004, 08:11am
Keeper of the HAMMER

LOL, no thanks, coach. I think I'll take my chances. I'm confident I can handle the boys.