View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Fit people look good

Bodybuilders and basketball players are apples and oranges. I don't personally find the bodybuilder look to be an attractive look - I personally think it is somewhat freakish in nature, be it a male or a female. This is not to insult anyone, just a personal taste thing. The bodybuilder physique is at the extreme end of fitness. It is, however, more attractive than the obese physique.

Basketball players generally do not look like bodybuilders. They generally look like fit athletes, and I find that to be an attractive quality in people, as does most of society.

I know that playing ball has contributed to several of my larger players losing between 10 and 20 pounds over the winter because they ran hard for 6 days per week and lifted weights. They did all this without having an eating disoder or using diet pills - they just got more physically fit, the right way to lose weight. In general, I would guess they most guys their age find them more attractive now then when they were carrying that extra weight. Having seen them in formal dress as well, I can say that they dress up quite well and don't look like men in girls clothes (they aren't steroid pumped E. German women!). I don't think that their boyfriends object to their appearance in the slightest - just their parents, who have to fend off all the boys who have an interest in their daughters.