The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 02:49pm
Esteemed Participant

Well, ok, but let's say - just for the sake of argument - that we maybe had a third official on the court, and let's just say that it was someone from this board - ok, we'll say it was me, and I was in the C slot, and when the shot went up, Josh had the primary on the shot, and the T called the off-ball foul on A-2, but I was too busy eating the rest of my Subway sandwich that I couldn't finish in the locker room at halftime (Oh wait, this was in the SECOND half, not the first, right Josh? Cause that's important to know also) and so I completely missed the play when that piece of lettuce with the mustard dropped on the floor - and would we stop the game to clean that up? - and so when Josh and the T came to me - hey "Josh and the T" would make a good name for a Death Metal band - and I couldn't give them any information (mainly because my mouth was too full of ham and cheese) well, how would you handle that one, Mr. Smarty-pants Jurassic Ref who answered the original question only moments after it was posted??? Hmmm??? Well??? How many brown-pops now???
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 03:52pm
In Memoriam

Forget your lithium again this morning, Rock?
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 05:05pm
Esteemed Participant

Ha! I did it!! I finally stumped JR with a situation he couldn't answer!!! I win!!! How many brown-pops, man??? How many???
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 05:32pm
In Memoriam

Beam me up, Scotty!

Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 01:29am
Official Forum Member

Red face

okay. thanks JR for your support. i didnt really realize that things would get out of hand. im sick of seeing all the "what ifs" from CERTAIN PEOPLE, AND FROM MANY OTHERS WHO MAKE A COMPLETE MOCKERY OF WHAT OFFICIALFORUM.COM IS ALL ABOUT,SOMETIMES, I JUST DONT KNOW...
i thought i could post a question/ senario and get an honest response, without people totally misinterpreting the real and original post. I really didnt think i had to tell exactly what was going through my mind as to what happened if traffic would be bad on the way home, and what i would be doing tomarrow. to be completely honest, i saw the foul, and my partner called the foul, thats how i know that the contact occurred YEARS after the shot was released. heres some of the wild responses i now have to deal with...

HERE: from MTD>
Quote:
The official's whistle will always sound after the foul has been committed. So once again, I ask, was the ball released before the foul or after the foul. Saying that the ball "was released before the foul/whisle blew" does not answer the question I posed in my first post.
mark to easily answer your question on the what if; i guess i have to be EXTRA careful on how i word things to make sure its very clear.the ball was released before the foul occurred; and how do i know that? i did see the foul, but my partner called it before i did. and the shot was long gone.
NEVADAREF:
Quote:
Josh, Looking at what you wrote above, I have to ask, if you saw the foul committed by A2?
It seems that you did not, since you were watching your primary area and the shooter, A1, who was in it.
If that is true, then how can you say the following?:
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Ovens
then he came back and asked me and i told him the ball already left the shooters hand.
nevadaref, i already answered your question at the same time i answered marks.

Quote:
WHAT FOOTLOCKER SAID IS SADLY TRUE:This is a typical referee answer though. A ref will ask a question about a rule (i.e. runing the end line). Then Mr. Senior Official will complicate the scenario by questioning another aspect of the situation that is really not the point. Way too typical.In two posts the question was asked and answered completely.
JR, FOOTLOCKER, THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.!~
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 01:47am
Official Forum Member

no problem. I did like how this simple situation exposes the problem with some posters here. I can't say that I have never been guilty of it. good luck.
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 05:04am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
okay. thanks JR for your support. i didnt really realize that things would get out of hand. im sick of seeing all the "what ifs" from CERTAIN PEOPLE, AND FROM MANY OTHERS WHO MAKE A COMPLETE MOCKERY OF WHAT OFFICIALFORUM.COM IS ALL ABOUT,SOMETIMES, I JUST DONT KNOW...
i thought i could post a question/ senario and get an honest response, without people totally misinterpreting the real and original post. I really didnt think i had to tell exactly what was going through my mind as to what happened if traffic would be bad on the way home, and what i would be doing tomarrow. to be completely honest, i saw the foul, and my partner called the foul, thats how i know that the contact occurred YEARS after the shot was released. heres some of the wild responses i now have to deal with...

HERE: from MTD>
Quote:
The official's whistle will always sound after the foul has been committed. So once again, I ask, was the ball released before the foul or after the foul. Saying that the ball "was released before the foul/whisle blew" does not answer the question I posed in my first post.
mark to easily answer your question on the what if; i guess i have to be EXTRA careful on how i word things to make sure its very clear.the ball was released before the foul occurred; and how do i know that? i did see the foul, but my partner called it before i did. and the shot was long gone.
NEVADAREF:
Quote:
Josh, Looking at what you wrote above, I have to ask, if you saw the foul committed by A2?
It seems that you did not, since you were watching your primary area and the shooter, A1, who was in it.
If that is true, then how can you say the following?:
quote:
then he came back and asked me and i told him the ball already left the shooters hand.
nevadaref, i already answered your question at the same time i answered marks.

Quote:
WHAT FOOTLOCKER SAID IS SADLY TRUE:This is a typical referee answer though. A ref will ask a question about a rule (i.e. runing the end line). Then Mr. Senior Official will complicate the scenario by questioning another aspect of the situation that is really not the point. Way too typical.In two posts the question was asked and answered completely.
JR, FOOTLOCKER, THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.!~
If you're just looking for someone to pat you on the back, then great. If you are looking for feedback, then you may not always get the feedback you want.
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Rich, no pats on the back for you here. Why so snotty with Josh? I'm not here to pat people on the back and he was not looking for that. My post was not even directed at him. Why don't you read the whole thread. Did you just want to add a post that did nothing but instigate something?
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 11:07am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:

i thought i could post a question/ senario and get an honest response,
And you know what the funny thing is...you did, and you did...you asked your question, and JR answered it within moments...stop worrying about the other things people bring up (serious and not so serious), and realize that you got the answer you were looking for...you did it right, and that's what counts...
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Maybe we are all getting a little fussy this time of year.
Just relax and take a deep breath.
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 04:42pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Let's not get our shorts all bunched up

Quote:
Originally posted by MOFFICIAL
Maybe we are all getting a little fussy this time of year.
Just relax and take a deep breath.
Amen!

I just want to know why Mark got reemed for offering a side point. The original question was answered, and Mark thought of another point (a valid one, IMO). Why does everyone get so huffy over this?
Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 04:44pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by footlocker
Rich, no pats on the back for you here. Why so snotty with Josh? I'm not here to pat people on the back and he was not looking for that. My post was not even directed at him. Why don't you read the whole thread. Did you just want to add a post that did nothing but instigate something?
Good grief, it's not like he challenged his patriotism.

Old Tue Feb 24, 2004, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

all right, all right. I give.
Old Wed Feb 25, 2004, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

I didn't think that I was rude to Josh either. If I came across that way, my apologies.
Just wondering why not learn two things from one play instead of just one? That can't hurt anyone.