View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 06:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Ovens
I saw that A1 had released the shot, since i was the lead and the shot went up in the paint, i was watching him, after the shot was released and in the air, my partner whistled A2 for a foul. [/B]
Josh, Looking at what you wrote above, I have to ask, if you saw the foul committed by A2?
It seems that you did not, since you were watching your primary area and the shooter, A1, who was in it.
If that is true, then how can you say the following?:

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Ovens
then he came back and asked me and i told him the ball already left the shooters hand. [/B]
I can understand you hearing your partner's whistle and knowing that the try had been released at that time, but if you didn't see the foul and if the whistle lagged the foul a fair bit, there is no way that you could know for sure the location of the ball at the time of the foul. The ball could have still been in A1's hands at the time of the foul, but he then released it before the whistle was sounded by your partner. If that was the case, you guys did not get the play correct. I think that this is the major part of MTD's point. If neither of you observed both actions (the foul and the release of the try) there is no way to know which happened first. Other than video replay. Just unlucky, IMO, both of you were focused on your primarys and doing your jobs. Maybe it takes a third set of eyes to get this play right.