The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 08, 2000, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up How veteren handled similar situation

I was watching a veteren official handle a similar situation where a girl was beginning to fall with possession of the ball and the coach yelled for a timeout. This official came out of the crowd of players (3 man crew and was center), gave three quick blasts of his whistle, raised his hand, and yelled while pointing with great emphasis "TIMEOUT WHITE!!" No one in the gym questioned the call because he completely sold the call.
Old Sun Dec 10, 2000, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

Incorrect Time-out

Someone mentioned they don't like the rule allowing the coach to call TO's from the sideline-I agree !!!! In noisy gyms mistakes like this are easy to make-They should do away with this rule! _Had it happen to me once in a Tourney final involving Hihg School AAA boys. Since I blew the whistle and made the ball dead I granted the TO and then explained my error to the coach of the team that had possession -told him he would get a new shot clock(we use shot clocks here).Then explained it to the other coach -everyone was happy and we carried on-may not be by rule but it was fair and it worked-Comments???
Pistol