View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2000, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Help! It is ironic that this topic in on the board as I just walked in the door from finishing my first JV high school game. (I'm a newbie, in my second year). After reading this post, I believe I made a bad mistake tonight. The game was very close and the white team ended up winning by two. Anyway, during the 4th quarter, at blue's basket, a shot was missed, bounced high and rebounded by a blue player. She's holding it high above her head and the blue coach is screaming for a TO. As I'm raising my palm and blowing the whistle, a white player jumps high and snags the ball from the blue player. Now here I am granting a TO to the blue bench and white is holding the ball. My partner with 11 years experience comes running over and asks.."Whose ball is it coming in?" I said, blue because I granted the timeout prior to the white recovery. It's blue ball coming in. She said, "Are you sure"? Then I got really confused. After the TO, I gave the ball OOB to blue and the white team coach went nuts! I felt I had no choice in the matter. How could I have handled this better? What was the correct thing to do here? I feel I really messed up. HELP!