The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 09:41pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
How'd I do? [/B]
About the same.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 9,104
Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
How'd I do?
About the same. [/B]
YES!! In the immortal words of Ralph Mouth, "I still got it!"
__________________
Any NCAA rules and interpretations in this post are relevant for men's games only!
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just north of hell
Posts: 9,250
Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
How'd I do?
About the same. [/B]
Good to see you still hit the hanging curve ball out.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 11:12pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,979
On Oct. 26/Sun., 2003, I sent an email to Mary Strukchoff with the infomation that I had posted on the Officiating.com Basketball Forum on Oct. 20/Mon., 2003. At half time of the Monday Night Football, I had yet to receive a response from Mary, nor had the "Clarification" been posted on the NFHS Basketball Rules webpage. On the morning of Oct. 28/Tue., I received an email from Mary regarding my email to her. Mary's email included an attachment of the "Clarification" as well as letting me know that the Clairification had been posted on the NFHS Basketball webpage.

I have not yet replied to Mary's email, but I am in the process of preparing a letter to a number of present and former members of the NFHS Rules Committee with whom I am friends regarding the NFHS Clarification.

My wife and I have owned two horses during our marriage and I can assure everyone that what comes out of the south end of a northbound horse has infinitely more redeeming social value than the "Clarification."
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just north of hell
Posts: 9,250
Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
...I can assure everyone that what comes out of the south end of a northbound horse has infinitely more redeeming social value than the "Clarification."
Can't argue, you're obviously the expert.
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 12:40am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,466
Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
He removes the frog's last leg and yells again. "Jump!" He yells again. "Jump!"

After waiting a few seconds, the scientist writes, "Frog with no legs is deaf."

How'd I do?
Great to have you back, Chuck!!
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 03:34am
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
How'd I do?
About the same.
Good to see you still hit the hanging curve ball out.
[/B]
Yeah, it's like shooting dwarfs in a barrel, isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 06:50am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,453
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
How'd I do?
About the same.
YES!! In the immortal words of Ralph Mouth, "I still got it!" [/B]
You're assuming than when Jurassic said "about the same" that you were "good" before, and still good. However, my Bosux friend, there is another side to that coin.
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 07:53am
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,745
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
On Oct. 26/Sun., 2003, I sent an email to Mary Strukchoff with the infomation that I had posted on the Officiating.com Basketball Forum on Oct. 20/Mon., 2003. At half time of the Monday Night Football, I had yet to receive a response from Mary, nor had the "Clarification" been posted on the NFHS Basketball Rules webpage. On the morning of Oct. 28/Tue., I received an email from Mary regarding my email to her. Mary's email included an attachment of the "Clarification" as well as letting me know that the Clairification had been posted on the NFHS Basketball webpage.

I have not yet replied to Mary's email, but I am in the process of preparing a letter to a number of present and former members of the NFHS Rules Committee with whom I am friends regarding the NFHS Clarification.

My wife and I have owned two horses during our marriage and I can assure everyone that what comes out of the south end of a northbound horse has infinitely more redeeming social value than the "Clarification."
I don't understand why there's such emotion over this clarification. I still think the NFHS ruined basketball when they went back to the "release off the rim" on the free throw, but I had less emotion about it than I've seen here. There's no point in coming out and being so, so, emphatic on a play that may not happen in an entire season.

Also, the rules belong to the NFHS. If they wish to change/alter/clarify those rules on the web or through the states they have every right to do so and I'll use and teach those rules with the best smile I can muster. If a coach asks me this season, I'll tell him the ruling and direct him to the web site or the state office. I won't have to do that, though, because this clarification was covered very thoroughly at our state rules meeting, which is required for officials AND coaches. If the ones that didn't show up don't get word, it's not my problem.

Rich

Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 10:19am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,614
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
...I can assure everyone that what comes out of the south end of a northbound horse has infinitely more redeeming social value than the "Clarification."
Can't argue, you're obviously the expert.
Classic.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
I don't understand why there's such emotion over this clarification. I still think the NFHS ruined basketball when they went back to the "release off the rim" on the free throw, but I had less emotion about it than I've seen here. There's no point in coming out and being so, so, emphatic on a play that may not happen in an entire season.

Also, the rules belong to the NFHS. If they wish to change/alter/clarify those rules on the web or through the states they have every right to do so and I'll use and teach those rules with the best smile I can muster. If a coach asks me this season, I'll tell him the ruling and direct him to the web site or the state office. I won't have to do that, though, because this clarification was covered very thoroughly at our state rules meeting, which is required for officials AND coaches. If the ones that didn't show up don't get word, it's not my problem.
I agree completely, Rich. I don't understand what Mark is getting all wound up about. If he officiated football, PSK would have killed him.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 10:21am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 9,104
Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
YES!! In the immortal words of Ralph Mouth, "I still got it!"
You're assuming than when Jurassic said "about the same" that you were "good" before, and still good. [/B]
Nah, I'm not assuming that. Notice that I quoted Ralph Mouth, who was never actually funny.
__________________
Any NCAA rules and interpretations in this post are relevant for men's games only!
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 10:28am
Esteemed Participant
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 4,775
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
On Oct. 26/Sun., 2003, I sent an email to Mary Strukchoff with the infomation that I had posted on the Officiating.com Basketball Forum on Oct. 20/Mon., 2003. At half time of the Monday Night Football, I had yet to receive a response from Mary, nor had the "Clarification" been posted on the NFHS Basketball Rules webpage. On the morning of Oct. 28/Tue., I received an email from Mary regarding my email to her. Mary's email included an attachment of the "Clarification" as well as letting me know that the Clairification had been posted on the NFHS Basketball webpage.

I have not yet replied to Mary's email, but I am in the process of preparing a letter to a number of present and former members of the NFHS Rules Committee with whom I am friends regarding the NFHS Clarification.
Sounds like someone has a little too much free time on his hands...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1