The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 20, 2019, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
I hear the vast majority of California's varsity games are officiated by two man crews. I can only imagine how challenging it would be to see all the off-ball screening, rebounding action, in addition to, managing the game and shot clocks.
Sadly true (at least in the greater LA area). My son was fortunate to play in a league that used three. It was always jarring to get to the first couple of rounds of the section playoffs and only have two refs (and generally the two were not as skilled as the three they got in league--it often felt like moving from varsity refs to JV refs). I rarely saw two refs really up to the challenge of managing a high level varsity game.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2019, 06:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Officials Of Three, Let Them Be ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
Sadly true (at least in the greater LA area).
You guys definitely wouldn't want your kids playing in most parts of Connecticut, especially in my little corner, where a team might not see three officials until the quarterfinals of the state tournament.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)