The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 27, 2021, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

IMHO, I don’t want to inject selfish impatience here if the coach of Team B is clever enough to find a niche in the rules like this. Nothing unsporting here. It’s just good strategy.

Eventually something will give. And if Team A and the media and the home concession stand operator are looking for a place to direct their opprobrium, the proper forums are the state association or the NFHS rules committee after the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sat Mar 27, 2021, 03:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

At The Hop (Danny And The Juniors, 1957) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
... the coach of Team B is clever enough to find a niche in the rules like this. Nothing unsporting here. It’s just good strategy.
Agree on strategy, and agree that it's not unsporting.

The officials there that night can't allow the game to turn into an actionless contest that has he possibility of going on until after sunrise.

The students are waiting to have their sock hop in the gym after the game.

10-2-B: A team must not: Allow the game to develop into an actionless contest, this includes the following and similar acts: Delay the game by preventing the ball from being made promptly live or from being put in play.10-4-5:

My question, how does one know which team to penalize, they're both deliberately violating. Maybe the defensive team because they deliberately violate first?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 28, 2021 at 12:47pm.