Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
...which President?
You have to ask?

Peace
Old Thu Jan 04, 2018, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member

Regardless of how players and or coaches behave, I would like to think our behavior is second to none.

Last edited by Multiple Sports; Thu Jan 04, 2018 at 10:36pm.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
If these coaches didn’t want Teddy on their games I guarantee you he wouldn’t be. He’s repeatedly tabbed one of the best officials in the country by coaches. Whether or not we should care about that is irrelevant; at this level, to a certain extent, you have to have the trust of the coaches or you will not be around long.
If there is an emphasis being placed on NOT talking to players or allowing them to complain... Teddy was spot on!
I think Joel should have been whacked for not giving up that ball immediately - would have accomplished the same thing!
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 07:17am
Official Forum Member

On the other hand . . .

[QUOTE=Raymond;1014142]As I read somewhere else, we as officials should conduct ourselves in a presidential manner. The public expects no less.

Perhaps our political leaders (both sides) and the various news media should conduct themselves more in the manner of an official. The public certainly expects and deserves that.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

That was an unbelievable display of unprofessional behavior. Someone else called it "childish"...I agree. Definitely over-the-top ego driven.

I would never turn my back on anyone like that in a game - unless someone was throwing a punch or a clip board at me.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What is there to comment on? The player was arguing and he decided not to talk to him. Might not be the way I would have done it, but I am not in his position either. And him being a 4-year player means nothing to me. That kid might not even make the NBA and why would an official give a damn about who he is anyway?

Peace
To face the end of the gym and crowd, and not even act like you are looking at the other players, or looking at a coach, or looking at something on the court related to the game is absurd. What a d-bag move. I don't care how good he thinks he is or how good his reputation is. That was an a-hole move. The player was trying to talk to him respectfully and he pulled that move. Talk about making the game and moment about you while looking to be noticed. If one of my partners did that, I would call them out on it.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
I'm pretty sure I agree. The thing we don't know is if the kid had been a whiney PITA for the whole game, trying to argue every call. If that had been the case, I can maybe almost kinda see that you want to send the message that you are absolutely done trying to talk with him.

Even then, I'm pretty sure I don't like the folding the arms. It really made him look stupid.
It was ridiculous to begin with and then the arms being crossed took it to another level.

We admonish kids for acting the way they do and showing us up. We give them technicals. Then this clown does this?
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
If one of my partners did that
....I would have a REALLY hard time not laughing.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Why was Berry complaining to Teddy Valentine about that missed call? When are players and coaches going to quit complaining to the referees who have nothing to do with the play in question? And Teddy asked for the ball and Berry chose instead to complain, so Valentine turned his back.

And if Valentine was wrong, that means he was wrong no matter what the status of the player was. What does being a 4-year player or a national championship point guard have to do with the conversation?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Most players aren't smart enough to realize what ref was where and who's call it was. He was just looking to ask one of the officials and Ted V pulled that garbage move. He could have simply said "I didn't see it and talk to the guy that was close to the play" etc. etc. etc.

Terrible move and look for officials!
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
....I would have a REALLY hard time not laughing.
That says a lot about you then if you would laugh when your partner did that.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
To face the end of the gym and crowd, and not even act like you are looking at the other players, or looking at a coach, or looking at something on the court related to the game is absurd. What a d-bag move. I don't care how good he thinks he is or how good his reputation is. That was an a-hole move. The player was trying to talk to him respectfully and he pulled that move. Talk about making the game and moment about you while looking to be noticed. If one of my partners did that, I would call them out on it.
And I am sure he does not give a crap what we think here about his actions. I know I wouldn't. You nor I were there. We do not know what was said, we do not know what else happened to even have any confrontation. And if that offends some, that is their issue. I walk away from players all the time, is that unprofessional? I a might not have turned my back, but they see my back. And guess what, there are people that get offended when I do that as if I have some obligation to talk to players about their concerns. Well I am a grown man and that means that kids (which are what most of us are officiating, even at the college level) are not on the same level as me as a man. So you cannot come to me and talk about respect when you do not show it in any way. Teddy was not the guy on the play, go to the other guy that was. And he put up both hands to indicate "I am not talking to you" and he continued until Teddy turned his back to him. And I am still waiting for the reasoning of who the kid is as if it matters. This would not even be an issue if Jay Bilas did not tweet about this.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Ted could spray an entire arena with elephant repellant, and his groupies would find justification when no elephants show up for the game.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That says a lot about you then if you would laugh when your partner did that.
Yes. It would say that I thought it was so ridiculous that it's funny.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

I hope that Valentine receives a lengthy suspension.
Closed Thread