The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 09:58am
Get away from me, Steve.

When I post in threads, it's done as a member. Period.

If I cross a line, any of the other Moderators have carte blanche to delete the post or counsel me in our private FB group.

I'm a bully? Really? Would you have thought that from any other poster? Did I once threaten to ban you or even implicitly throw any moderator weight around in this thread?
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
When I post in threads, it's done as a member. Period.

If I cross a line, any of the other Moderators have carte blanche to delete the post or counsel me in our private FB group.

I'm a bully? Really? Would you have thought that from any other poster? Did I once threaten to ban you or even implicitly throw any moderator weight around in this thread?
Rich, I don't know you. I am sure you are a great guy like crosscountry55 said. The response "so" is right up there with "why is this even an issue" as far as disrespect. We are not standing in the same room, if you don't like what someone says, you don't have to reply. Those responses are an attempt to project superiority; a bully tactic.

I am not very PC. I will call things how I see them. On that note, Crosscountry55 did use the acronym "OMG" and has lost all big boy privileges; my 7th grade daughter uses that term.

I think this a great tool for officials to gain a lot of insight into many situations. I have read about situations on here that I have not encountered yet but feel prepared if I ever face them. I have also read about how different officials handle different situations and have incorporated that into how I conduct myself. People cannot be afraid to share thoughts because someone will answer with a "so" or "why is this an issue". Be helpful and create good dialog. Except for Crosscountry55, he talks like a 7th grade girl. Not that there is anything wrong with that if you are a 7th grade girl.

I am very sorry for the hardship this may have caused. I am sincerely sorry.

Last edited by CJP; Mon Feb 06, 2017 at 10:53am.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
it *might* help if you thought of it as a "coaching box" and not as a "coach's box." A difference that describes the activity and not the person.

And, FWIW, I understood exactly what Rich was asking.
Thank you for that. This supports my feeling that if you are not actually coaching then sit down.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 10:53am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
Rich, I don't know you. I am sure you are a great guy like crosscountry55 said. The response "so" is right up there with "why is this even an issue" as far as disrespect. We are not standing in the same room, if you don't like what someone says, you don't have to reply. Those responses are an attempt to project superiority; a bully tactic.

I am not very PC. I will call things how I see them. ....
Not that IGAF either way and I haven't even read all the posts, but you can come across however you like because you are not PC, but if Rich types something you don't like he is a bully?

I'm just trying to get the proper interpretation here.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Not that IGAF either way and I haven't even read all the posts, but you can come across however you like because you are not PC, but if Rich types something you don't like he is a bully?

I'm just trying to get the proper interpretation here.
No, it is not because he said something I don't like. Not that IGAF about you not GAF but think harder.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

I had the same reaction as Rich, I just didn't post it because it wouldn't add much to the conversation in my opinion. $.02
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
On that note, Crosscountry55 did use the acronym "OMG" and has lost all big boy privileges; my 7th grade daughter uses that term....Except for Crosscountry55, he talks like a 7th grade girl. Not that there is anything wrong with that if you are a 7th grade girl.
Quote:
I am very sorry for the hardship this may have caused. I am sincerely sorry.

And you say Rich is using bully tactics? Your hypocrisy made me "LOL."

By the way, one Master's degree here as well plus a diploma from the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thank you for that. This supports my feeling that if you are not actually coaching then sit down.
Why is this an issue? I'd much rather have a coach standing up being an pain than sitting down doing the same. S/He can't hide in the crowd standing up.

I dont get the rabbit ears some guys have and are always concerned with coach reacrions, especially when they have better things to do.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:43am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I had the same reaction as Rich, I just didn't post it because it wouldn't add much to the conversation in my opinion. $.02
I actually was using it as a tactic to try to draw more out of him. It worked, just not how I would've liked.

There was once this mindset that the coaching box should only be used when a coach is actively coaching -- otherwise he shouldn't be up and about.

Frankly, I found that idiotic. It implied that I'm supposed to care why a coach is up out of his seat and I simply don't have time or the inclination to do that and also work the game at the same time. He has a 14' box here and he can do whatever he likes in it -- if he's unsportsmanlike, we have other rules that cover that. If he's out of the box? Then I care more about what he's doing. I'll admit that a coach who's coaching while a bit out of the box doesn't bother me a bit unless my bosses tell me to handle that.

Our lower levels used to have a seat belt rule and I think there were more instances of a coach acting up because of the "bottling up" effect that being forced to sit caused.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Is there a way for a user on this forum to block post from certain posters from showing?
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:46am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Quote of a deleted post.
Don't make me put my moderator hat on again. Please.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Hey, slow down, CJP. You join the board and almost immediately start attacking people? Address the basketball issues and ignore the personalities. Otherwise, you'll either alienate everyone or risk be banned as a troll. Just because you can speak your mind doesn't mean you have to respond to every perceived slight, especially with personal attacks. Now, that is, to my mind, bullying.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2017, 11:56am
Get away from me, Steve.

I'm closing this thread.

FWIW, two posters in this thread appear to be the same person (unless, of course, they have the same IP address at about the same time) and what's worse they appear to be talking to each other in this thread to "support each other." I'll let you try to figure out who those two people are.

Having duplicate identities without approval is a violation of our rules here and it's clear now to me that one of them is being used to troll others.
Closed Thread