The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri Feb 03, 2017, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Weird Coaching Box Situation

BV game, home coach is known for being a barker. He kept a soda at the table and every so often during the first quarter, he'd slide up to the table and take a sip, yell instructions to his team, etc. At the quarter break one of my partners tells him he can't do that anymore, with the reason being if we continued to allow that, we would have to allow the V coach (who chose not to even stand most of the game, but that's beside the point) the same privileges. Wasn't going to happen. So he told the coach to take his soda to the bench or forget about it.

As we move to the locker room for halftime, I see out of the corner of my eye the home coach having a discussion with his AD. Partner tells someone to get the AD so we can explain the situation. Partner explains our reasoning (you know, the rule), and the AD replies with "I understand, but our coach's concern is that he thinks you three came into the gym with the intent to get him." I couldn't believe my ears.

Am I right to be upset about that? I understand the sentiment from the coach (who hasn't been that guy once or twice?) during the game, but to hear that from an athletic director's mouth at halftime of a game?

TL;DR Coach questions our integrity through his AD because my partner properly enforced a rule.