The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 12, 2016, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Moving to Richmond Va

I'm moving to Richmond in about two weeks. It looks as if there is no online exam but you must join an association and go from there. Anyone have any insight on this and can help me out?
Old Fri Feb 12, 2016, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Central

You will want to join Central. There is a High School Camp that you may want to attend towards the end of June.
Old Fri Feb 12, 2016, 09:59pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
BadNewsRef is from the Hampton Roads area and will be along shortly (he's probably working and didn't have his games postponed lie those of us to the north, because the weather people thought it MIGHT snow). I'm sure he knows his way around that are and can help.

LCUBED you there? Help a fellow official out!
Old Fri Feb 12, 2016, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks fellas. Appreciate all the help I can get. I've emailed people from central and can't seem to get an email back.
Old Fri Feb 12, 2016, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

My hometown. I'm in the DC area now but know some people.

Pretty sure others may have better info but feel free to p.m. me.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole4088 View Post
I'm moving to Richmond in about two weeks. It looks as if there is no online exam but you must join an association and go from there. Anyone have any insight on this and can help me out?
Lcubed48 here. Welcome to the RVA! Our (mine & BNR) association is CVBOA. Send me a PM, and I'll be happy to answer any questions, basketball and otherwise.

Hey, grunewar! Wassup!
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
You will want to join Central. There is a High School Camp that you may want to attend towards the end of June.
Cole..., there are 2 3-man camps in the metro Richmond are in late June. The one you choose depends on your level knowledge and experience. We can communicate via email about them.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
BadNewsRef is from the Hampton Roads area and will be along shortly (he's probably working and didn't have his games postponed lie those of us to the north, because the weather people thought it MIGHT snow).
Arghh! I hear 'ya! Happened to us in south Hampton Roads as well. All evening events got cancelled 24 hours prior, and then our 1-3 inches turned into maybe 0.75 inches, and nothing accumulated on the roads. Complete overreaction, as usual.

Having grown up in Wisconsin, the fact that the mere threat of light snow here causes municipal chaos just boggles my mind.

Very frustrating. At least the game I lost was rescheduled on a day I had open.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 12:03pm
Courageous When Prudent

My private school game in Williamsburg was canceled last night.

I'll actually be seeing the CVBOA commish this afternoon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 12:06pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole4088 View Post
You must join an association to work HS ball in VA. Living in Richmond you want to join Central Virginia Basketball Officials Association.

LCUBED48 will PM you any information you require.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 03:48pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Arghh! I hear 'ya! Happened to us in south Hampton Roads as well. All evening events got cancelled 24 hours prior, and then our 1-3 inches turned into maybe 0.75 inches, and nothing accumulated on the roads. Complete overreaction, as usual.
At least you got SOME snow. We had our games postponed and got zip, zilch, zero, nada, the null set of snow! Not a flake!!

Rescheduled on the holiday on Monday!
Old Sat Feb 13, 2016, 04:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Pepperidge Farm Remembers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Rescheduled on the holiday on Monday!

The president of the laboratory that I work for decided to remove the 1/2 day paid holiday on Good Friday from our calendar and add a full paid holiday on President's Day (a day that was previously not a paid holiday). Sounds like a good deal, getting a full paid holiday, and giving up a 1/2 paid holiday? That was until he discovered that many of our clients do not have a President's Day holiday and will still be sending in water, and soil, samples to be analyzed. Now I'm working Monday and we haven't heard about Good Friday yet.

Anybody here old enough to remember, as school kids, when we had separate days off for Lincoln's Birthday, and Washington's Birthday? And these holidays were actually celebrated on their birthdays, February 12, and February, 22, and not celebrated on the nearest Monday? How about it Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.? Didn't you help Abraham Lincoln split logs?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 13, 2016 at 04:07pm.