Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 02:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
So you sell out your partners?

Peace
No, I admin MY mistakes, not try to BS my way out of them.
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 03:35am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
So you tell the coach every time you make a mistake or you think you make a mistake?

Forgive me, but that is full of crap. I do not believe you for a second. You would be the only official I know that does that on any level. BTW, I make multiple mistakes every game and many times they are not times the coach complains about (at least from my point of view).

Peace
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 08:47am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
...a coach lied ...
This is the #1 reason I limit conversations with coaches about past plays. I have caught so many of them lying, about me and about partners, it is rather disgraceful.
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
This is the #1 reason I limit conversations with coaches about past plays. I have caught so many of them lying, about me and about partners, it is rather disgraceful.
I absolutely agree. I limit all of my conversation to rule book language. This helps, because then when a coach makes something up, few people believe it because it doesn't fit with my historic tone and approach to any conversation.

If you historically use long, colorful and unnecessary explanations, it becomes easier to believe the coach who may be mis-characterizing (or simply misunderstanding) your words.
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 11:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I had a coach this week do just that.

I had a player in the FC with A1 passing to A2. The ball hits A2 in the hands where he does not control the ball and the ball starts going to the BC. Well just the ball is going to the BC, A2 reaches out with the ball in the air, touches the ball in the FC, then tries to shield B2 a little from getting to the ball, then when the ball touches the floor in the BC, A2 goes and possesses the ball in the BC. I call an obvious BC violation. The coach from Team A asks me about the play. I explain basically what happen and the coach contents there was not a violation at first, then tries to claim there was a foul (which neither me or my partner judged). I go back to the coach and explain better about a minute later as he will not let this go. Team A coach then later goes to my partner who was the C on the play and says, "Your partner told me that you can bump another player." My partner without missing a beat said, "He did not say that to you" and walked away.

Actually I felt that was pretty disgraceful as well. But then again this coach has a reputation so there you go.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
How do you admit your mistakes?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I read Jrut's post as, "I don't admit I'm wrong unless it probably happened. In which case I'll say, "Coach I didn't get a good look" or "I may have missed that one."

Usually when I'm not happy about not putting air in my whistle it's because I had a bad look at a play and wasn't confident in making a call.

In short, what's wrong with Jrut's method?
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So you tell the coach every time you make a mistake or you think you make a mistake?

Forgive me, but that is full of crap. I do not believe you for a second. You would be the only official I know that does that on any level. BTW, I make multiple mistakes every game and many times they are not times the coach complains about (at least from my point of view).

Peace
Where did I say that? Do you love making stuff up that I never said nor thought?
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 02:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Where did I say that? Do you love making stuff up that I never said nor thought?
You make something up about me all the time, so why is it wrong for me to do the same with you? And you have not answered my question unless you are telling me that you make so many mistakes in games (which I would see as rather bad) that you have to admit them to coaches.

Most calls are judgments and at the time you see it one way, then when you see it on video you might feel a different way. You might get another opinion from a partner and feel a different way.

Peace
Closed Thread