View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 29, 2016, 11:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
This is the #1 reason I limit conversations with coaches about past plays. I have caught so many of them lying, about me and about partners, it is rather disgraceful.
I had a coach this week do just that.

I had a player in the FC with A1 passing to A2. The ball hits A2 in the hands where he does not control the ball and the ball starts going to the BC. Well just the ball is going to the BC, A2 reaches out with the ball in the air, touches the ball in the FC, then tries to shield B2 a little from getting to the ball, then when the ball touches the floor in the BC, A2 goes and possesses the ball in the BC. I call an obvious BC violation. The coach from Team A asks me about the play. I explain basically what happen and the coach contents there was not a violation at first, then tries to claim there was a foul (which neither me or my partner judged). I go back to the coach and explain better about a minute later as he will not let this go. Team A coach then later goes to my partner who was the C on the play and says, "Your partner told me that you can bump another player." My partner without missing a beat said, "He did not say that to you" and walked away.

Actually I felt that was pretty disgraceful as well. But then again this coach has a reputation so there you go.

Peace