The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 03:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
You post without reading. I've never had it happen to me either. The very first thing i said is that if we screw up somebody is going to get screwed. don't let it happen. concentrate, communicate. i think that is what you said. I just went into what i think the rules require if you screw it up.

I'll let others decide if I'm talking about "the rules as it is being discussed."
My comment was not about whether it happened to you one way or the other. My comment was to illustrate that this is very preventable. Just like we have CE that people go back and forth over and almost in every case you can prevent the situation if you slow down. There are many rules that you should learn if you cannot get the basic calls right by being careless. I know the rule for multiple foul, but I am not calling one because I am going to make a decision that will not allow me to go there. And if you determine that you immediately figured out the mistake, I do not see why you could not keep the clock where it is?

Peace
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
My comment was not about whether it happened to you one way or the other. My comment was to illustrate that this is very preventable. Just like we have CE that people go back and forth over and almost in every case you can prevent the situation if you slow down. There are many rules that you should learn if you cannot get the basic calls right by being careless. I know the rule for multiple foul, but I am not calling one because I am going to make a decision that will not allow me to go there. And if you determine that you immediately figured out the mistake, I do not see why you could not keep the clock where it is?

Peace
If referee calls the 7th foul on defense of half, isn't aware of 1 and 1, allows offense to inbound the ball. Offense Dribbles ball, 3 seconds run off clock. Whistle. It is a CE. We know 3 seconds ran off clock that shouldn't. The correction is to go back and shoot the 1&1. Rule does not allow us to put that 3 seconds back on. That's just the rule.
If you catch it "immediately" and you can say or want to say you discovered the error, clock shouldn't have started you can. My other point was that you may not want to put the time back either. We have to go to the arrow because of the screwup. If it points to offense they get ball under their basket and you add time. That Makes the situation worse.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 04:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
If referee calls the 7th foul on defense of half, isn't aware of 1 and 1, allows offense to inbound the ball. Offense Dribbles ball, 3 seconds run off clock. Whistle. It is a CE. We know 3 seconds ran off clock that shouldn't. The correction is to go back and shoot the 1&1. Rule does not allow us to put that 3 seconds back on. That's just the rule.
If you catch it "immediately" and you can say or want to say you discovered the error, clock shouldn't have started you can. My other point was that you may not want to put the time back either. We have to go to the arrow because of the screwup. If it points to offense they get ball under their basket and you add time. That Makes the situation worse.
Now you are changing the situation. That is not what happened in the OP. The OP told the teams the wrong FT situation. It was not a situation where we called a foul and did not shoot the FTs. That is very different than what we were talking about from jump. No one is advocating in a CE to put time back on the clock. Part of the CE situation is you go from the POE to make the correction.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 05:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
And yet, everybody here knows what we are talking about.
Which is why I posted it as a "minor quibble". I'm not trying to change what anyone is doing, just bringing a bit of information to light.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Which is why I posted it as a "minor quibble". I'm not trying to change what anyone is doing, just bringing a bit of information to light.
Double bonus!
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 08:17pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Double bonus!
Which I'll say sometimes when someone asks why we are shooting 2.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Which I'll say sometimes when someone asks why we are shooting 2.
I say ten fouls.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 11:24pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I say ten fouls.
I say that sometimes also.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk