The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 08, 2003, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

I'm coaching in a pre-junior high basketball league that follows NFHS basketball rules. I cannot find these rules online and I have a question about when a team is in the double-bonus. The High School kids refing the game, the league officials, and the other coaches all seem to have a different opinion on this.

How many fouls during the quarter (or half) before a team is in a one-and-one situation; and then, how many before a team is in the double bonus?

Any help, and links to official rules, would be greatly appreciated.

Old Sat Feb 08, 2003, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Check out http://www.nfhs.org/index.htm Click on publications and I believe you can order from them. I don't know of any rules posted on-line. Except for here!

To answer your question, 7 fouls puts you in the bonus (1 and 1) at 10 fouls you are in the double bonus (shoot 2). This is per half.
Old Sat Feb 08, 2003, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
Mike is correct. You should also be aware that should a game go into overtime the fouls in the second half carry over into the overtime(s) period(s).
Old Sat Feb 08, 2003, 08:59pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Also note that, unlike in the NBA, all fouls count as team fouls. This includes player control fouls and technical fouls.

The only exception is an indirect technical, which is always given in conjunction with a direct technical. The direct technical counts, but you don't "double dip" and also count the indirect as a team foul.