The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 21, 2015, 06:39pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
OK. I thought you were citing AR 89 in support of your comment. This play is a little than AR 89. thx
Did you read the entire approved ruling?

A.R. 89 does support my comment. The grey highlighted area for A.R. 89.2 does not reference a defender jumping straight up, it references a defender jumping forward.
Old Mon Sep 21, 2015, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Did you read the entire approved ruling?

A.R. 89 does support my comment. The grey highlighted area for A.R. 89.2 does not reference a defender jumping straight up, it references a defender jumping forward.
I downloaded case book today at NCAA publications. My AR 89 says: A1 tries a pump fake and DEFENDER B1, who is in legal guarding position:

1. Jumps forward into the air and A1 then jumps forward and makes contact with B1 in the air.

2. Jumps straight up in the air and A1 then jumps forward and makes contact with B1 in the air.

Number 1 has the defender jumping forward and number 2 has defender jumping straight up. Do I have a different book......
Old Mon Sep 21, 2015, 07:05pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
I downloaded case book today at NCAA publications. My AR 89 says: A1 tries a pump fake and DEFENDER B1, who is in legal guarding position:

1. Jumps forward into the air and A1 then jumps forward and makes contact with B1 in the air.

2. Jumps straight up in the air and A1 then jumps forward and makes contact with B1 in the air.

Number 1 has the defender jumping forward and number 2 has defender jumping straight up. Do I have a different book......
There is a "ruling" paragraph below it. The 2nd half of that "ruling" paragraph is highlighted and starts with the word "However".
Old Mon Sep 21, 2015, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
There is a "ruling" paragraph below it. The 2nd half of that "ruling" paragraph is highlighted and starts with the word "However".
i was looking at the 2015 case book. i see it now....sorry