The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone heard from.....

Bob.....Bluezebra.....he was a staple here, MgGriffs, eteamz.....etc. for years.....he dropped off the planet in 2009.

Anyone know what might have happened to him?

I know he was older (not old since I am approaching that milestone)........

Joel
Old Sun Apr 07, 2013, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Blue View Post
Bob.....Bluezebra.....he was a staple here, MgGriffs, eteamz.....etc. for years.....he dropped off the planet in 2009.

Anyone know what might have happened to him?

I know he was older (not old since I am approaching that milestone)........

Joel
I just googled his name. I'm sorry to say he has passed away.

Rita
Old Mon Apr 08, 2013, 10:17am
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post

Rita
That's too bad.

There are a number of others from the old eteamz days whom I haven't heard from in a long time. They include Jim Porter, Dave Hensley, Steve Freix, Warren Willson, Jim Booth, Joe Sturniolo (aka, "Atlanta Blue"), Pete Booth, Bob Pariseau, Garth Benham, Brent McLaren, Ace Holleran.....
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker
Old Mon Apr 08, 2013, 11:52am
Official & ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
That's too bad.

There are a number of others from the old eteamz days whom I haven't heard from in a long time. They include Jim Porter, .....
Thank goodness for small favors.
Old Mon Apr 08, 2013, 12:30pm
Archaic Power Monger

Joe is alive and kicking. He posts on football forums mainly. Garth I see around on Facebook. It's really too bad that troll we had around ran him off from posting on forums.
Old Mon Apr 08, 2013, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Rita
Too bad....I kinda liked him at times......we did have a run in on eteamz back in the 90's.......Vicodin induced......I had just broken a toe.

Quote:
That's too bad.

There are a number of others from the old eteamz days whom I haven't heard from in a long time. They include Jim Porter, Dave Hensley, Steve Freix, Warren Willson, Jim Booth, Joe Sturniolo (aka, "Atlanta Blue"), Pete Booth, Bob Pariseau, Garth Benham, Brent McLaren, Ace Holleran.....
I too miss Dave Hensley, WW, Jim Booth, Pete, BP (Especially), Garth is still here I think, Ace too......

I think Jim Porter still writes.....but who cannot forget HHH, and Umphater.....and the old CC......on McGriffs.......Rich F. probably still keeps up with them though.

Although I cannot condone some of the stuff that went on back then......it was damn entertaining.

Joel
Old Mon Apr 08, 2013, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Most of the old timers (such as myself) got sick of trolls and the attitude problems that befell this board many years ago. Garth couldn't post anything without the troll of the time on his back. Dave Hensley and Bob Pariseau bailed when the moon units from the dying McGruff's board invaded this board. There was a point where we were Ignoring so many people, we couldn't keep track. The Private Message system was our only means of communicating without the "invaders" until Pete, Garth, Tim C & I decided to crush the "invaders" by posting and posting while totally ignoring the trolls and idiots. We begged Dave and Bob to come back but I only saw a coupe of hits from them and then no more.

You newer people have no idea what we old guys have been through to keep together since the days of billboards. That's why those of us that are left seem to get crusty on people when they play their little games of arguing when the whole world is telling them that they are wrong.

Oh, and let's not forget Lance, the Umpire's Umpire! He always came in when the $hit was really hitting the fan and his posts were a great comedy relief!
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That's too bad.

I think most of them would be fun to know. Warren, I still keep in touch with but I've lost contact with Pete.

Rita
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 02:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I think most of them would be fun to know. Warren, I still keep in touch with but I've lost contact with Pete.

Rita
Pete (Booth) is doing fine. He's in our association up here in NY (our interpreter, too) and I just observed him this afternoon (4/8) doing a HS varsity game. He's on top of his game...
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 06:42am
Archaic Power Monger

Those of you in touch with our veteran members, please feel free to extend an invitation to come back. Things have been changing around here, and while still not perfect, we're trying to make it better.
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Especially Lance. If anyone sees him at the next big game, we'd love a recap.
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 12:09pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Blue View Post
Too bad....I kinda liked him at times......we did have a run in on eteamz back in the 90's.......Vicodin induced......I had just broken a toe.

I too miss Dave Hensley, WW, Jim Booth, Pete, BP (Especially), Garth is still here I think, Ace too......

I think Jim Porter still writes.....but who cannot forget HHH, and Umphater.....and the old CC......on McGriffs.......Rich F. probably still keeps up with them though.

Although I cannot condone some of the stuff that went on back then......it was damn entertaining.

Joel
I have kept up with Dave, Garth, Ace, Jim, and the infamous Umphater. All are Facebook friends and I've umpired with 3 of them, one of them as recently as July.

From that list, I think only one of them is still working games, though, for various reasons.
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

You newer people have no idea what we old guys have been through to keep together since the days of billboards. That's why those of us that are left seem to get crusty on people when they play their little games of arguing when the whole world is telling them that they are wrong.

Got that right, Oz.
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Most of the old timers (such as myself) got sick of trolls and the attitude problems that befell this board many years ago. Garth couldn't post anything without the troll of the time on his back. Dave Hensley and Bob Pariseau bailed when the moon units from the dying McGruff's board invaded this board. There was a point where we were Ignoring so many people, we couldn't keep track. The Private Message system was our only means of communicating without the "invaders" until Pete, Garth, Tim C & I decided to crush the "invaders" by posting and posting while totally ignoring the trolls and idiots. We begged Dave and Bob to come back but I only saw a coupe of hits from them and then no more.

Oh, and let's not forget Lance, the Umpire's Umpire! He always came in when the $hit was really hitting the fan and his posts were a great comedy relief!
I miss McGriff's...
Old Mon Apr 15, 2013, 04:51pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post

Dave Hensley hasn't umpired in at least the last five years.........what would he come back to.

The only thing that is constant in this world is change.....and drama on umpire chat rooms.