The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Equipment Bag?

I've been using an old equipment bag from my coaching days, but it's just about had it. I figured I could get some good suggestions/recommendations from some of you guys about a good, reasonably-priced umpire equipment bag.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

If you don't care about a pull-out handle or small compartments, this is about as inexpensive as you can get.

The Sports Loft: Equipment Bags
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelock11 View Post
I've been using an old equipment bag from my coaching days, but it's just about had it. I figured I could get some good suggestions/recommendations from some of you guys about a good, reasonably-priced umpire equipment bag.
You can go online to Honigs, Gerry Davis, ect.

or

You can go to Costco.com and pick out the ful 30" Hybrid Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffel Bag for $49.99

Shinguards, shoes, and mask, CP and misc small stuff fit in the bottom zippered compartment, shirts, slacks, and other stuff fit in top. Sox, and other misc stuff can fit in side compartments.

It's wheeled and it multipurpose, so you can also use it for personal trips to where-ever.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

officially sports has the Champro on sale for $109 (I think).

Lots of people using the e-bags motherlode (or something like that)
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

A few years ago, I picked up a nice-sized bag for cheap. This year, I moved it all into a Sterilite Footlocker, which I will be using the first time this weekend. If it works out, I'll continue using it; if not, I'll go back to the bag and use the footlocker for something else.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawetag View Post
A few years ago, I picked up a nice-sized bag for cheap. This year, I moved it all into a Sterilite Footlocker, which I will be using the first time this weekend. If it works out, I'll continue using it; if not, I'll go back to the bag and use the footlocker for something else.
Should have asked before trying this. It doesn't work unless you religiously remove your equipment after each day. It doesn't breathe and it traps smells.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 08:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Should have asked before trying this. It doesn't work unless you religiously remove your equipment after each day. It doesn't breathe and it traps smells.
That's why it's going through a trial. It was fairly cheap and holds my gear better than the bag did.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 08:30pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shickenbottom View Post

You can go to Costco.com and pick out the ful 30" Hybrid Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffel Bag for $49.99
My wife picked up a few of these, I believe the manufacturer is FUL. I appropriated one for baseball and I can get almost everything in. The only thing I can't really get to fit are my base shoes so they ride on top of the bag.

It is perfect for loading up the car though.
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhbua93 View Post
I have a Ful, JEF3 and a Wison.
And how are those wearing?

The benefit of the e-bags is a life-time warranty.
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
And how are those wearing?

The benefit of the e-bags is a life-time warranty.
I've had my ful bag for 4 years (original model that is larger than current models). I use it for every out of town trip, family vacation, ect (about 4 times a year for a week at a time). Not a single issue.
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Quote:
Originally Posted by shickenbottom View Post
You can go online to Honigs, Gerry Davis, ect.

or

Shinguards, shoes, and mask, CP and misc small stuff fit in the bottom zippered compartment, shirts, slacks, and other stuff fit in top. Sox, and other misc stuff can fit in side compartments.

It's wheeled and it multipurpose, so you can also use it for personal trips to where-ever.

Sam, I've been to where-ever, and you don't need to pack that much to go there.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for all the input guys. I decided to go with the Ful bag from Costco. Should arrive Monday thank goodness...strap broke on my old bag last night!
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 06:46pm
Is this a legal title?

For the best value, you should consider super heavy-duty, low-density trash bags. I bought a roll of 100 for $68 in 2009, and with an average schedule of 120 games a year, I go through only about a dozen of these per year. When they start to show a little wear, you just chuck them and pull off a new one.

Oh, sure, you have to listen to a lot of jokes about being a homeless umpire, but for ten new equipment bags a year for less than a buck apiece, it's worth it.
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Lol

Quote:
"For the best value, you should consider super heavy-duty, low-density trash bags. I bought a roll of 100 for $68 in 2009, and with an average schedule of 120 games a year, I go through only about a dozen of these per year. When they start to show a little wear, you just chuck them and pull off a new one."
Publius, you slay me. You should do stand-up as you say some of the funniest things.

Keep us rolling.

T
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
For the best value, you should consider super heavy-duty, low-density trash bags. I bought a roll of 100 for $68 in 2009, and with an average schedule of 120 games a year, I go through only about a dozen of these per year. When they start to show a little wear, you just chuck them and pull off a new one.

Oh, sure, you have to listen to a lot of jokes about being a homeless umpire, but for ten new equipment bags a year for less than a buck apiece, it's worth it.
You can also poke a hole in the bottom of one, and use it as a parka. Just make sure you use either the navy or black ones, to match your partner.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.