The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 22, 2005, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to illiniwek8
Just wondering if anyone has opinions on this equipment. I just started a sporting goods business and ordered a bunch of Pro Nine Balls and Umpire Equipment. I got a couple of sets and am looking to push these in our area. Price is very reasonable and it seems to be good quality. I use Plus Pos Armor. I am looking forward to trying the Pro Nine gear. It is lighter and the set comes with the hockey style mask. $175 gets Hockey Mask/Chest Protector/Shin Guards. Does anyone use Hockey mask and can you tell me if you like it or not? Also, I am looking at Shirts with Zipper instead of buttons....is this faux pas? I like the looks of the zipper but don't see it around here(Illinois) too much.
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

ProNine Info

illiniwek8 -

Here is a review that I did last year and some other umpire's comments on ProNine gear that you might find useful http://eteamz.active.com/baseball/bo....cfm?id=944111

I did try the hockey mask (on loan from My Queen) but I personally did not like it. But that is me and My Queen loves it and the chest protector. The ProNine shin guards look very similar to the WestVest shin guards which I have and love. I use to have some Honig's and I hated them from day one. The WestVest is much more comfortable (but heavier). I have not actually seen the ProNine shin guards in real life but based on My Queen's other ProNine gear they are probably good quality.

Bottom line you ask? ProNine is great quality at a great price point for umpire gear. I would not hesitate to buy it.

[Edited by doogus on Mar 23rd, 2005 at 05:16 PM]
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Wink shirts with zippers

I used to call with a guy that worked in the minors and at the time they were wearing the zippered shirts. Personally I don't care for the zipper shirts, stick to buttons

[Edited by stanump12474 on Mar 23rd, 2005 at 05:53 PM]
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 07:45pm
Official Forum Member

Zippered Shirts

I used to have a couple +POS zippered shirts until they shrunk in the closet one winter and I gave them away to one of our young guys trying to get started.

They may look a little goofy but I never had a zipper come off in the washer or dryer.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2005, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

my pro-nine chest protector is great. lightweight, durable and very effective. best buy for the money! doubt if i would ever go with a zipper-shirt unless mandatory.

jl