The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 05:26pm
Official Forum Member

+ POS ?? (Also posted onder Softball)

When was the last time anyone had contact (or specifically, odrered from) Plus Pos?

The web site is active and it has items listed with sizes and prices. Yoy can "register" which I did. However, I have submitted questions, but have had no response. I have also called the phone number listed and left VMs but have no response.

I want to spend $$$$ with them, but.........

Thanks
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 05:47pm

Wouldn't do it.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

pluspos.com is a one man operation. It's Dan Parsons, who's a good guy, but gets overwhelmed, IMO. He's taken over his folks business, and it is trying to make it go.

For me, I love their scraper plate brush, and white label, gray insert, black jacket. Both quality pieces. If you're not in a hurry, those are the two things worth waiting for from Dan.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Why?
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

I was able to successfully contact them Dan back in March. I just got back into umpiring, and needed a jacket THAT DAY. I live only about 20 miles from +POS, and actually know an auto mechanic about a block away that was going to pick it up for me. He told me that they only ship their products, I could not pick it up.

As a result, I took my business elsewhere. However, I still use a +POS chest protector and shin guards, and do think they are a quality product. Like others said, it's a slow process, however. Just keep calling, eventually, you'll get through...
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 07:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
pluspos.com is a one man operation. It's Dan Parsons, who's a good guy, but gets overwhelmed, IMO. He's taken over his folks business, and it is trying to make it go.
Ever since the mom got sick and she eventually died, they really have not been the same. The mom clearly made the place go with her knowledge of the orders and other things that were important. They even lost the business for a year or two and they have brought it back. The main warehouse was only a few miles from my house and I would go there to pick up stuff when they had it. It is actually too bad but Honigs and Gerry Davis (also in the Midwest) have taken over what they did not have. I guess nothing is guaranteed to last forever and they were the first company I bought baseball stuff from. I loved their stuff and still have a chest protector that I can use that is over 15 years old.

Peace
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 07:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Why?
Because I have a pair of +Pos ump pants that I really like. I would buy more if they are still the same.

A few years old and very little fading (no pink) and they hold the crease very well.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
When was the last time anyone had contact (or specifically, odrered from) Plus Pos?

The web site is active and it has items listed with sizes and prices. Yoy can "register" which I did. However, I have submitted questions, but have had no response. I have also called the phone number listed and left VMs but have no response.

Thanks
There is a reason they are named POS......although they used to have quality gear......their customer service has sucked for the last 20 years.

I did not even know they were still around.

Joel
Old Tue Jun 21, 2011, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

Well........ I suppose "a fool and his money are soon parted." I ordered a pair of pants to see what happens. Its on AmEx, so I'm sure I will ultimately have support is there is a problem.