The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 27, 2002, 07:27pm
Official Forum Member

Garth,

A great person once said, "you can lead a horse to water . . . " I KNOW you know the rest.

Good to see ya dropping in.

Old Tue Aug 27, 2002, 08:06pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Garth,

Originally posted by Tim C

A great person once said, "you can lead a horse to water . . . " I KNOW you know the rest.

Good to see ya dropping in.

TEE, this thread is already 4 pages long. Peter's thread on calling a Balk during a dead ball situation was 5 pages long, plus his thread was posted on another Board where it received even more play.

As Carl says Simply Amazing.

I don't know of any association that promotes their umpires carrying rule-books on the field of play unless you are single and want to use it to write down some phone numbers of prospective dates.

Pete Booth
Old Tue Aug 27, 2002, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Tim:

Just got back this afternoon from your neck of the Pacific Northwest woods. Took my son Matthew on a college visitation tour of University of Puget Sound, Seattle University, Pacific University, Portland State and University of Oregon. I think Univerity of Puget Sound will win out. They've offered a good scholarship and he really likes the facilities and the commmunications professor he met. I like everything about it except its initials: UPS. Hopefully, when it comes to a good education, they'll deliver.

Now to get on topic. To paraphrase the NRA: I'll carry my rule book on the field when they can pry it INTO my cold dead hand. Otherwise, it stays in the car next to the PBUC, BRD, J/R and the Kinnamon "Bible". (The JEA is too damn heavy.)