The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 23, 2009, 11:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
Sorry, no can do. I do not wish to be reported to the Obama Administration and hauled away to sensitivity training or re-education camp.
See, we backward rednecks need to stop being racists!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Oct 23, 2009, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
Don't say stupid things like that. Rush is not a racist. He endorses and is friends with people like Allan Keyes, J.C. Watts, Condaleza Rice and many other black people. Saying that the media wanted Donovan McNabb to succeed because he was a black quarterback was 100% correct, and not a bit racist.

See, you say something that is true about a minority group, and you get labeled a racist.
My neighbor is a racist, and he's very good friends with my biracial self. There are plenty of people who hate "them," and when it is a matter of someone they know, it becomes "except for you."

Limbaugh admits to saying that all composite pictures of criminals look like Jesse Jackson and to telling a black caller to take the bone out of his nose. QED.

If there was any evidence that there was some preferential treatment or institutional desire for McNabb to succeed due to his race, where is it?
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 12:40am

I don't think the majority of people think the way you do. I'm sorry you have experienced racism, but like I tried to tell Rutledge a long time ago, some of my best friends REALLY are black. I grew up dating many black women. I was called names in HS because of it, but I didn't care. I like people for who they are, not for the color of their skin. Just like Martin Luther King said to do.

Just because someone tells it like it is about someone of color does not make them racist. People are way too sensitive. There are ignorant white people and ignorant black people and ignorant people of all races. The caller on Rush's show that he told to take the bone out his nose was one of them. Rush points out absurdity by being absurd. That's his style. Over-the-top? Yep. Racist? Not necessarily. McNabb is a marginally good QB at best, and was over-hyped specifically because he was a popular black QB. Rush did not need any evidence, he wasn't on trial. He was making an informed observation.

Rush also said that the NFL games resemble the Bloods and the Crips. Just an accurate assessment based on many of the hoodlums that play in the NFL. There is no shortage of gun toting, strip club attending, drunk driving, leg shooting playahs in the NFL, and guess what? They all seem to have one thing in common. Can you guess what that is?

Again, Rush is just being bombastic intentionally. He knows it pisses liberals off, so he does it. And it works. It just backfired on him when he wanted to join the club he had offended.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 01:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
I don't think the majority of people think the way you do. I'm sorry you have experienced racism, but like I tried to tell Rutledge a long time ago, some of my best friends REALLY are black. I grew up dating many black women. I was called names in HS because of it, but I didn't care. I like people for who they are, not for the color of their skin. Just like Martin Luther King said to do.

Just because someone tells it like it is about someone of color does not make them racist. People are way too sensitive. There are ignorant white people and ignorant black people and ignorant people of all races. The caller on Rush's show that he told to take the bone out his nose was one of them. Rush points out absurdity by being absurd. That's his style. Over-the-top? Yep. Racist? Not necessarily. McNabb is a marginally good QB at best, and was over-hyped specifically because he was a popular black QB. Rush did not need any evidence, he wasn't on trial. He was making an informed observation.

Rush also said that the NFL games resemble the Bloods and the Crips. Just an accurate assessment based on many of the hoodlums that play in the NFL. There is no shortage of gun toting, strip club attending, drunk driving, leg shooting playahs in the NFL, and guess what? They all seem to have one thing in common. Can you guess what that is?

Again, Rush is just being bombastic intentionally. He knows it pisses liberals off, so he does it. And it works. It just backfired on him when he wanted to join the club he had offended.
So many stereotyes, so little time....

Rush has a big following, but his views are FAR from mainstream.
Closed Thread