The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Bucknor, Cuzzi pay the price (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/55112-bucknor-cuzzi-pay-price.html)

MrUmpire Thu Oct 22, 2009 06:02pm

Bucknor, Cuzzi pay the price

It appears both have been replaced in the WS crew.

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 22, 2009 06:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrUmpire (Post 632363)

What did Bucknor do wrong? I thought his plate job in the LDS was very well done.

MrUmpire Thu Oct 22, 2009 06:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 632368)
What did Bucknor do wrong? I thought his plate job in the LDS was very well done.

You don't remember his two plays at first?

Base umpiring screwups are catching more attention than plate work.

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 22, 2009 06:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrUmpire (Post 632370)
You don't remember his two plays at first?

Base umpiring screwups are catching more attention than plate work.

Must have slipped my mind with all the even bigger screwups that have been happening lately.:rolleyes:

KJUmp Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrUmpire (Post 632363)

Who is on the WS crew? I had not seen where the WS crew had been announced.
I guess I was (incorrectly) under the impression that if you worked either the DS or LCS you did not work the WS....that the crew was made up of six different umpires who ha dnot worked the earlier rounds.
How do you know about Bucknor and Cuzzi? Just curious.

UES-2 Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:16pm

News from the Associated Press - newsjournalonline.com

Here's the story>>>>

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 632378)
Who is on the WS crew? I had not seen where the WS crew had been announced.
I guess I was (incorrectly) under the impression that if you worked either the DS or LCS you did not work the WS....that the crew was made up of six different umpires who ha dnot worked the earlier rounds.
How do you know about Bucknor and Cuzzi? Just curious.

If you work the division series' you can work the WS.

MrUmpire Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:25pm

That's most of the story. The original WS crew was selected from umpires having done the first round. Both CB and Cuzzi were on the crew...no more.

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:42pm

Now there was just another one. I saw him as safe while lying on my back in bed through squinty eyes on a 20" TV. What is going on here????

luvthegame Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:02pm

And in the same inning McMouth (McCarver) had to correct himself 3 times...and he gets to write down and practice his judgements (facts) before hand!!

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:03pm

I always get a real kick out of Fieldin.:)

mbyron Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 632386)
Now there was just another one. I saw him safe lying on my back in bed through squinty eyes on a 20" TV. What is going on here????

Why was he lying on your back? :eek:

JJ Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:38pm

Anyone else notice tonight's PU "commenting" on just about every pitch? Doesn't say "ball", says "no, that's down" kind of stuff. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that, though I don't think I do it NEARLY as frequently.
It would be interesting to watch a game with that PU microphone up loud enough to hear throughout...
JJ

JJ Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:44pm

...and just as I post that last comment, they replay the check swing strike three with the exchange between Culbreath and Posada....:p

JJ

SethPDX Thu Oct 22, 2009 09:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 632393)
Anyone else notice tonight's PU "commenting" on just about every pitch? Doesn't say "ball", says "no, that's down" kind of stuff. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that, though I don't think I do it NEARLY as frequently.
It would be interesting to watch a game with that PU microphone up loud enough to hear throughout...
JJ

He's not even the only one on his crew. Bill Miller was doing the same thing when he had the plate.