The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900
Old news, my friend.This occured last week! We will miss the interaction but MLB has it's reasons for these guys not being able to host sites or post to them.
From speaking with people at MiLB I can tell you that posters like our own Frick and Frack, or as a good friend refers to them, Muck and Mire, are among the reasons they don't want their umpires participating on the internet.
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
From speaking with people at MiLB I can tell you that posters like our own Frick and Frack, or as a good friend refers to them, Muck and Mire, are among the reasons they don't want their umpires participating on the internet.
You beat me to it....
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 05:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitump56
I missed your beisbol info in your post, Dinosaur Ref, please requote or troll on, Makes me no nevermind.
Seriously....do you or any of the other morons that form your little group ever post anything other than what is typically found in this particular thread?

I say that, recognizing that all of you are doing one helluva job as trolls. You get the real umpires upset, distracted and they end playing the same game as you. So, yes, you certainly are successful in accomplishing your aims. Gotta give you props for being so good at what you do. But you sureashell do get old to the casual lurkers like myself who aren't umpires, but love beisbol and would like to learn a little about the rules, mechanics, etc. of the game

Soooooo, if it isn't too much bother, I would be very appreciative if you and your other little friends fuk off. And stay fukked off.
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 06:55pm
Stop staring at me swan.

please lock this thread and stop this madness
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 07:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Projection: The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others
And one to whom I was referring just has to add his diarrhea to the toilet.

Last edited by ozzy6900; Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 07:50pm.
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You know, we had a great site here once. You and Pete Booth, Jurassic and Tim C., Big One and his buddy from San Diego (just to name a few) were great to deal with. We had our share of idiots over the many years but they always seemed to get the idea that they weren't wanted and moved on. These idiots that have come in lately are just too stupid to realize that they just are not wanted! I mean really, how stupid are these people? Well, thank God for the ignore feature!
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

Almost enough to induce feelings of nostalgia in regard to the drummerboy and the bluedude. At least THEY were "entertaining".

JM
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Garth:

"Right on" in your assessment. This Forum is still good but unfortunately as you metnion above it's too bad there are the "frick's and frack's" that ruin it.
Heck you and I have disagreed on certain issues, but we have done so in a professional manor.

I personally thought Rob's site was good but for the most part new sites do start out good (even McGrifth's was good in the beginning)

Hopefully this Forum will continue to be a good site.

Off topic somehat but how's the healing process? Even though we have never met I gather you are itching to get back in there.

Pete Booth
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900
You know, we had a great site here once. You and Pete Booth, Jurassic and Tim C., Big One and his buddy from San Diego (just to name a few) were great to deal with. We had our share of idiots over the many years but they always seemed to get the idea that they weren't wanted and moved on. These idiots that have come in lately are just too stupid to realize that they just are not wanted! I mean really, how stupid are these people? Well, thank God for the ignore feature!
First off Ozzy thanks for the kind words. We have all disagreed with one another over the years but as I metnioned to Garth it was done in a professional way.

Your post is probably one of the reasons we do not hear from Papa C or Peter Osborne anymore. They are probaly tired of dealing with the Trolls as well.

Regardless of the few posters we should try and keep this site as good as we can. It's my gut that new umpires still can learn from the info contained in this site.

Pete Booth
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Can we just stop quoting and responding to them? Put them on ignore and leave them there.
Old Thu Apr 10, 2008, 12:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBooth
Your post is probably one of the reasons we do not hear from Papa C or Peter Osborne anymore. They are probaly tired of dealing with the Trolls as well.

Pete Booth
Oh, give me a break, Booth. First, you have us on your Ignore List then have the gall to pontificate about trolls and troll posting. I consider you a troll and this post of your's a troll posting for that matter.

Second, you are a shell of your useful self, your forte' is comprehensive knowledge of the multiple rules but, too many times, you are so far off the rules (and interpretation of them) track as to be at a minimum jokingly pathetic. Imagine an unfunny clown.

Last, as with the majority here, you prefer straw man, third party attacks and innuendo as opposed to the more manly and truthful, public tete a tete.

Point: If you want to lecture, become a professor. If you want to ad hoc comment, get a megaphone, racoon coat and a pint of Old Drunk.

If you want to be treated like a man instead of the mouse you are, speak direct.

Mr. Umpire, email please!

Last edited by Interested Ump; Thu Apr 10, 2008 at 03:06am.
Old Thu Apr 10, 2008, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

An observation

First of all Ozzy wrote: We had our share of idiots over the many years but they always seemed to get the idea that they weren't wanted and moved on.

What makes you think you have the right to diss posters who don't conform to your standards? There would probably be at least a few more knowledgable, credible posters on here if you tolerated people who initially came across as a bit naive. But no, internet bigshots such as yourself shoot down anybody who isn't deemed good enough. Let me provide a few examples: myself, Oyaisee, Boyinblue, LLumpDan,CO Ump, Dudeinblue, etc.

Pete Booth wrote: Regardless of the few posters we should try and keep this site as good as we can. It's my gut that new umpires still can learn from the info contained in this site.

That's a hypocritical statement if there ever was one. How many new umpires been chased away by pile-ons? I hate to burst your bubble, but this is not a place where newbies can feel comfortable asking questions. Say something that goes against the rulebook or umpiring custom and one gets labelled a troll. As it turns out, the only "trolls" here are the ones who put down others to cover up their own insecurities (cough LMan cough), kind of like the schoolyard bully who feeds off the weaknesses of others.

I will give credit where credit is due. I got great feedback on my plate mechanics video and appreciate the advice I was given. It's just a damn shame that people on here are not willing to give that kind of constructive feedback on a consistent basis.

Last edited by canadaump6; Thu Apr 10, 2008 at 01:09am.
Old Thu Apr 10, 2008, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Best Thread Ever!
Old Thu Apr 10, 2008, 01:24am
Official Forum Member

What are you guys doing? This is exactly the crap that I did not allow. You guys are umpires, learn to get along. We are all in this together to help each other get better at this profession. You guys act like kids! Either talk about umpiring or don't say anything. This is almost embarrassing to read.
Old Thu Apr 10, 2008, 02:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDrake
What are you guys doing? This is exactly the crap that I did not allow. You guys are umpires, learn to get along. We are all in this together to help each other get better at this profession. You guys act like kids! Either talk about umpiring or don't say anything. This is almost embarrassing to read.
I agree, Rob, and I disagree.

Nothing is accomplished when everyone sweetbreads topics. This nation was founded on argument, blood and sweat.

Where I agree is that there are times when better use of this fine forum can be attained. For instance, the denigration of posters as "trolls", as "lying scumbags" and similar would accentuate the perfect examples of abuse of forum rights.

As to you, I would offer this advice, take or leave as you would.

You made a grievous error in starting your forum, this I and Fitump56 predicted would be demised. Your personal situation with the MLB umpiring Guard has been diminished, severely, or slightly, time will tell.

With only a few slots open each millenium, the question was rightly proffered "why did you take such a chance"?

I do not think that you are doing yourself any favors posting here, considering the circumstances. Again, I would offer this advice, take or leave as you would.

Certainly, in the order of things, havng you advise us on how to act is much like the donkey lecturing the carrot about moving along past its nose more quickly.