The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Hello Fellow Officials

I have been poking around here and lurking in the shadows for the last couple of months. There have been a number of chances to read things that interest me. I have to say that I am impressed with the level of knowledge and assistance that have been provided to new users/officials. The main reason that I joined this board was so that I could gain a greater understanding of the rules of basketball. Sometimes, it just seems so darn technical.
I have been umpiring baseball and softball for the past 17 years. I have done grade school football. This is my first year officiating HS basketball. It was an ok season. Also this season, I will be taking on HS football, which I am looking forward to.
All I ask is that if I as a stupid question, please humor me and explain it to me like I am a 5 yr old.
Thanks in advance for all the help and support.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 08:26am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarbitro
Hey, welcome to the board. I don't usually read the baseball or football forums, but you can expect a pretty friendly greeting on the basketball side. There are some clowns, but most of the regulars are really good.

Glad your first hoop season went "ok". Next season will go even better!
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 01:32pm
M.A.S.H.

Welcome to the board! Welcome to basketball...glad to hear you made it through your first season. Next year will be better, make sure you attend a camp this summer if possible.
Old Fri Mar 09, 2007, 02:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarbitro
I have been poking around here and lurking in the shadows for the last couple of months. There have been a number of chances to read things that interest me. I have to say that I am impressed with the level of knowledge and assistance that have been provided to new users/officials. The main reason that I joined this board was so that I could gain a greater understanding of the rules of basketball. Sometimes, it just seems so darn technical.
I have been umpiring baseball and softball for the past 17 years. I have done grade school football. This is my first year officiating HS basketball. It was an ok season. Also this season, I will be taking on HS football, which I am looking forward to.
All I ask is that if I as a stupid question, please humor me and explain it to me like I am a 5 yr old.
Welcome to our family! Let us know if we can help you in any way.