View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 02:57am
Official Forum Member

Angry Mlb Shuts Down Fellow Blue Drake

Sorry to be accurate, but as predicted (and with sorrow):

http://theumpirelife.com/messageboar...opic.php?t=505

"Everyone,
Obviously, you have seen that we have run into some problems here at The Umpire Life. MLB has informed me that this site is not something that they want up and running. I am in the process of trying to see if there is anyway to continue the site, but in a different context.

One of the big concerns is if I have a controversial call that I miss. As shown by the possible homerun call in Oakland, there was a spirited discussion concerning it. If I were to have a play that I definitely missed and then went on the message board or the blog and admitted to missing it, the ramifications are something MLB does not want to have.

It is one thing to talk in the newspapers about a certain play, but to do it on a public forum like this is a little different. I am not sure what kind of resolution is going to come out of this, but I promise you that I am going to try and find a way to continue this. You guys have done an incredible job of building up this site and I am devastated to have to shut it down.

There has never been anything like this site out there and I was hoping to use it to show the human aspect of what we do. I really think that it was going to turn into something incredible. I can understand where MLB is coming from with there concerns and that is why I say that I hope we can find some middle ground. If we can't then we will just have to move on.

Tonight, I am going to have to shut the message board down, too. I was asked in a courteous way to shut the site down, so I am going to comply with their request. I apologize again to everyone that put so much time into this site. If I get it up and going again, I will be sure to e-mail everyone to let them know.

I will still have my e-mail address of:
[email protected]

If you have a question, please feel free to ask. I am not sure how often I will respond, but please try.

Again, I am sorry for this and let's hope something can be done to fix it.
"The size of the mind is proportionate to the ability to challenge the norm. "