Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend
I also think that Joe Morgan does a nice job.
Huh???

It is a competition between Joe Morgan and Tim McCarver as to who is the stupidest human being on the planet.
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
The only one on Baseball Tonight who thought Sheffield's ejection wasn't warranted was that ex-rat tub of goop Kruk. They kept trying to explain to him that Sheffield got run for throwing the bat handle at the umpire. Kruk just couldn't believe that Sheffield deserved to be run. What can we expect from such a rat (once a rat, always a rat).
Sheffield did not deserve to be run. His toss of the shattered handle of a bat was nowhere close to the umpire. Sheffield will win on appeal if anyone bothers to look at the replay.
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Yep. And apparently the pay for fat buffon is pretty good these days.
my, my, jealous?
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25
Huh???

It is a competition between Joe Morgan and Tim McCarver as to who is the stupidest human being on the planet.
Huh?

Morgan and McCarver forgot more than you ever knew.
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBooth
First things First

ESPN like other broadcast companies are "in it" for the ratings ONLY. Generally speaking Baseball does not have good TV ratings. Baseball is a Regional sport meaning the Yanks / BOSOX series will have excellent ratings here in the East but what about the rest of the country whereas a football game between the Colts vs. the New England Patriots will have a national Audience.

Therefore, ESPN will print any headline that can "tweak"the fans to get some ratings.

Also, there are no former umpires in the ESPN booth so one will get the kinds of remarks that you see/hear. Let's say you did have former major league baseball umpires present and asked them how did they feel when a manager kicked dirt at them etc.

In a nutshell in major league baseball it's all "part of the Show"

The problem is for us amateurs when managers think they can act like they see on TV.

Pete Booth
Ron Luciano was once an analyst on network tv.

Problem is with umpires as color men on TV, they cannot tell the aneccdotes that are the funniest, since it is a family event.

Truth be told. Umpires make better story tellers than ex-players.....but have no star power.
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpiano
Huh?

Ha! Good one! For a minute I thought you were being serious about these two clueless morons. Whew!
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25
Ha! Good one! For a minute I thought you were being serious about these two clueless morons. Whew!
Thanks,

Let me know when you get hired.
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

The fact I have brain cells precludes me from being hired as an ignorant, clueless announcer, as these two morons are.

Go hang out on the coaches' boards with your fellow rats, because no one who is a real umpire would ever state that McCarver and Morgan had even an ounce of intelligence.
Old Mon Jun 04, 2007, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

You might want to check out these:

http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...ver#post402148

joe morgan off to a great start rules wise...

http://forum.officiating.com/showthr...ver#post390018

The Official Tim McCarver Intelligence Thread
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Huh?

You either don't listen to these moron expound on rules, or you are as ignorant as they. Any 13 year old who has actually read a rule book knows more about the OBR than these two. Proof? Just listen to them attempt to explain a rule.
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
my, my, jealous?
Of a fat buffoon? Hardly.

You obviously don't know me very well.
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:31am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Sheffield did not deserve to be run. His toss of the shattered handle of a bat was nowhere close to the umpire. Sheffield will win on appeal if anyone bothers to look at the replay.
I did see the replay and I thought he deserved to be run. Evidently so did an MLB Umpire, which is why there is even a debate about this in the first place.
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 07:20am
Official Forum Member

www.firejoemorgan.com

Not your typical "fire so-and-so" site. They readily admit they're not really trying to get Joe fired. Rather, they just exist to critique and analyze members of the media who say "dumb" things. It all started with this group of guys because they realized, in watching games, that Joe tended to say one dumb thing after another...which really annoyed them.

This site actually does a very, very good job of analyzing the statements of columnists and broadcasters by producing hard evidence to show that they are wrong (or right!...yes, they sometimes give "props" to people).

Anyways, this site has made it as plain as black and white: Joe and Tim are idiots.
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBooth
First things First

ESPN like other broadcast companies are "in it" for the ratings ONLY. Generally speaking Baseball does not have good TV ratings. Baseball is a Regional sport meaning the Yanks / BOSOX series will have excellent ratings here in the East but what about the rest of the country whereas a football game between the Colts vs. the New England Patriots will have a national Audience.

Therefore, ESPN will print any headline that can "tweak"the fans to get some ratings.

Also, there are no former umpires in the ESPN booth so one will get the kinds of remarks that you see/hear. Let's say you did have former major league baseball umpires present and asked them how did they feel when a manager kicked dirt at them etc.

In a nutshell in major league baseball it's all "part of the Show"

The problem is for us amateurs when managers think they can act like they see on TV.

Pete Booth
Next you are going to tell us that the New York Times is "in it" to sell newspapers.
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawump
www.firejoemorgan.com

Not your typical "fire so-and-so" site. They readily admit they're not really trying to get Joe fired. Rather, they just exist to critique and analyze members of the media who say "dumb" things. It all started with this group of guys because they realized, in watching games, that Joe tended to say one dumb thing after another...which really annoyed them.

This site actually does a very, very good job of analyzing the statements of columnists and broadcasters by producing hard evidence to show that they are wrong (or right!...yes, they sometimes give "props" to people).

Anyways, this site has made it as plain as black and white: Joe and Tim are idiots.
I've been trumpeting this site for years on other boards...these guys are hilarious and reduce baseball to such a simple level it's incredible, all the while pointing out how ridiculous the media is for its overinflation of certain players (ie Eckstein, Jeter)