The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canablue05
I will probably get accussed of spouting 'venom,' as he did on the umpire.org forum, but please do not associate his jibberish as grounds for the quality of officiating in Canada. There is a tremendous number of excellent officials in Canada, and the game of baseball is on the rise. After all we did beat the U.S in the WBC.

Canadaump6, you'll probably try to jump all over me again, but I once again find it necessary to offer the advice, "read more, post less."

Take it as you will.

What do you mean jump all over you again? I never said anything to you in the first place. YOU are the one assuming that I am a bad umpire even though you've never seen me on a ball diamond.
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 08:14pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Aren't moderators supposed to be cutting down on flaming, rather than adding fuel to the fire?
Yes.
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What do you mean jump all over you again? I never said anything to you in the first place. YOU are the one assuming that I am a bad umpire even though you've never seen me on a ball diamond.
Truthfully, have you ever been on a ball diamond as an umpire?
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I plan on having someone videotape parts of the games I do (if baseball season would ever start here in Canada), and you guys can give constructive criticism. I have a feeling you'll be a bit surprised by the quality with which I can call a ballgame. Stay tuned.
I'm sure that I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that it will be really 'swell' to finally see the worlds greatest umpire troll, no wait, I meant to say internet umpire at work. I will stay tuned, sitting by my computer waiting for you video. Hurry please........
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 08:50pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Wow.

According to your stats at the time of this post:

canadaump6
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2007

...you only have two opportunities left to have 20% of your posts make any sense at all.
He's now 0 for 11....
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Excuse me Nanook of the North, but you have, what 11-12 posts and you want to determine the content and personality of this board?

Some of us have been here since day one. Some of us helped "create" this site. Some of us were specifically invited and encouraged seven years ago to come help get this site off the ground.

Who the flip do you think you are?

If you found umpire.org to be helpful, then feel free to scurry on back and don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out. Over there you have the benefit of some of the best Nazi moderators in sports. It sounds like you would prefer that environment.

And if that board isn't stifling enough, fee free to join in in BigUmp56's play pen, "ump talk." That one has an all knowing, all seeing and all powerful owner-moderator that surely must guarantee an abundance of the type of talk you prefer.

If, however, you decide to stay here, STFU for a little while, read, get a feel for the atmosphere of the room, and then join in without thinking you're in charge.
1) I know a lot of users who post on here from umpire.org.
2) And I respect all of you for starting this message board.
3) I think I'm a 19 year old umpire giving my opinion on the cyber-bullying that goes on here.
4) What is wrong with the way the moderators do things there? They don't put up with people sitting behind a computer screen to insult other people. By the way, they are actually pretty lenient over there.
I have been reading the posts. Stuff about checked swing in the NCAA, first baseman interference on batter, clearing the bat; I've read that.
5) If Bigump welcomes me there, I will gladly sign up. Hopefully they give email notifications after another post has been made in any thread you posted in.
6) You complain about me posting too much and not taking the time to read, but have forgotten one fact: there is no way to count how many threads someone has read. Keep that in mind, because I have been reading other posts.
7) 0 out of 12 of my posts don't make sense to you? Then you certainly don't understand much for a high school teacher.

Last edited by canadaump6; Mon Feb 12, 2007 at 12:48am.
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

*munch munch munch*
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 01:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
1)
5) If Bigump welcomes me there, I will gladly sign up. Hopefully they give email notifications after another post has been made in any thread you posted in.
You don't need an invite. If you can find your way there, you're qualified to post. Hell, you might even be quafied to instruct. http://www.phpbbcity.com/forum/index...mforum=umptalk

And if it gives you motivation, know that I would never, ever post there.

Quote:
6) You complain about me posting too much and not taking the time to read, but have forgotten one fact: there is no way to count how many threads someone has read. Keep that in mind, because I have been reading other posts.
I've forgotten no such thing. You make very evident the little amount of learning you've accomplished.

Quote:
7) 0 out of 12 of my posts don't make sense to you? Then you certainly don't understand much for a high school teacher.
It helps that I have students eager to learn rather than shoot off their mouths and pretend to be something they are not.

Nobody is being a bully. Several people have attempted to help you and now are showing the frustration one gets when trying to teach a pig to sing.

Last edited by GarthB; Mon Feb 12, 2007 at 01:13am.
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 01:41am

Quote:
Hell, you might even be quafied to instruct.
I don't think that he is as quafied as you are, Garth.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 01:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I don't think that he is as quafied as you are, Garth.
Ah. Something we can agree upon. At last.

Hell, he's probably not even as qualified as you.

(See, I can return a compliment.)
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 01:46am

So did you miss my point, or just ignored it?
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 02:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You don't need an invite. If you can find your way there, you're qualified to post. Hell, you might even be quafied to instruct. http://www.phpbbcity.com/forum/index...mforum=umptalk

And if it gives you motivation, know that I would never, ever post there.

I've forgotten no such thing. You make very evident the little amount of learning you've accomplished.

It helps that I have students eager to learn rather than shoot off their mouths and pretend to be something they are not.

Nobody is being a bully. Several people have attempted to help you and now are showing the frustration one gets when trying to teach a pig to sing.
I will be happy to ask questions. If it doesn't offend anyone, I'll start a new thread once every two days. I just wish some of the older guys could cut down on the insults.
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 06:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I will be happy to ask questions. If it doesn't offend anyone, I'll start a new thread once every two days. I just wish some of the older guys could cut down on the insults.
If you would stop running your mouth and look at why you are being insulted, it might just make some sense!

1. You have posted some of the most ridiculous comments on ABUA that I have ever seen.

2. You appear to not have a lot of practical experience (and your posts show this) but you won't listen to anyone! You argue for the sake of arguing!

3. Instead of figuring all this out yourself, you run for the moderators to protect you.

Well, you have the moderators fooled at ABUA but I don't think that is going to happen here. Again, we suggest that you go to eteamz. You will be welcomed there as a moderate expert with all the others. They speak your language there and will accept you with open arms. Please try it - PLEASE?

I'm not going to edit this thread but I am going to add:

Jesus Christ! You are just a kid! I just saw your pictures on ABUA!

Alright, now I see why some of the posts went the way that they did; but that does not excuse the fact that you will not listen to those that have FAR more experience that yourself! So now I will rescind requesting you to go to eteamz as it will only ruin you. Start paying attention to what the veterans are telling you, stop trying to have the last word and for God's sake, grow another layer of skin, will ya!

Last edited by ozzy6900; Mon Feb 12, 2007 at 07:21am.
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 11:50am

Quote:
Canadaump6

Starting new threads every other day is not the way to people to respect you.

You need to watch this video:

www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Ozzy:

I'm sorry I came across as full of myself over the ABUA and on this forum. I don't feel that is the way I am in everyday life. I should have read over a lot of my posts before posting them, especially when I first entered the forum; some of my earlier posts were pretty lame.

I sure did get off to a rough start at ABUA. But I have been posting a lot less, and reading a lot more over the past couple of months. I will try my best not to act arrogant or attempt to show anybody up, however if I end up becoming offensive or start sounding ridiculous, please let me know.