Thread: boyinnblue24
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 11, 2007, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Excuse me Nanook of the North, but you have, what 11-12 posts and you want to determine the content and personality of this board?

Some of us have been here since day one. Some of us helped "create" this site. Some of us were specifically invited and encouraged seven years ago to come help get this site off the ground.

Who the flip do you think you are?

If you found umpire.org to be helpful, then feel free to scurry on back and don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out. Over there you have the benefit of some of the best Nazi moderators in sports. It sounds like you would prefer that environment.

And if that board isn't stifling enough, fee free to join in in BigUmp56's play pen, "ump talk." That one has an all knowing, all seeing and all powerful owner-moderator that surely must guarantee an abundance of the type of talk you prefer.

If, however, you decide to stay here, STFU for a little while, read, get a feel for the atmosphere of the room, and then join in without thinking you're in charge.
1) I know a lot of users who post on here from umpire.org.
2) And I respect all of you for starting this message board.
3) I think I'm a 19 year old umpire giving my opinion on the cyber-bullying that goes on here.
4) What is wrong with the way the moderators do things there? They don't put up with people sitting behind a computer screen to insult other people. By the way, they are actually pretty lenient over there.
I have been reading the posts. Stuff about checked swing in the NCAA, first baseman interference on batter, clearing the bat; I've read that.
5) If Bigump welcomes me there, I will gladly sign up. Hopefully they give email notifications after another post has been made in any thread you posted in.
6) You complain about me posting too much and not taking the time to read, but have forgotten one fact: there is no way to count how many threads someone has read. Keep that in mind, because I have been reading other posts.
7) 0 out of 12 of my posts don't make sense to you? Then you certainly don't understand much for a high school teacher.

Last edited by canadaump6; Mon Feb 12, 2007 at 12:48am.