The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

+ POS---Does anyone have a contact there?

I am wondering if any of you folks know of a person at +POS whom I can ask for to get an answer.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Zero Gravity Mask but they are "waiting for the pads to arrive."

However, I cannot find out if the pads have actually been sent to +POS or any firm information.

I would love to have the mask by Thursday.

Does anyone have a source there?

Joe
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 04:14pm
Official Forum Member

Call the Customer service line. If they are waiting on Pads, you may have to wait a while. When you call customer service, be prepared to swich out pads for a different color of pads. This may help to expedite your order. They may actually have a different set of pads in stock that will work for you.
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shickenbottom
Call the Customer service line. If they are waiting on Pads, you may have to wait a while. When you call customer service, be prepared to swich out pads for a different color of pads. This may help to expedite your order. They may actually have a different set of pads in stock that will work for you.
They have the Blue and Red combo pads-WHO WOULD WANT THAT?

I have been trying all day to get to a supervisor to no avail. I asked that they ship the mask now and the pads later. Jason said they could not do that. I asked Jason to ask permission. because, see....if you HAVE something(in this case the mask) you CAN ship it! They HAVE a customer(lil ol me) and they CAN lose said customer unless they start offering some SERVICE.

Joe
Former Mail Boxes Etc owner who does not handle ridiculous shipping situations very well.
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 04:40pm

The problem with +POS is they seem to no longer care about customer service. Many of their employees are downright rude. I've been doing business with them for many years, and it is disappointing that it has become what it is.

Hey, Joe...you would be surprised who would want those Blue/Red pads. A couple of Smits in my group have them.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Only the Blue & Red are left. Well, I thought I recommend this as a course of action. When I ordered my zero grav 2 yrs ago, I wanted all black, but they didn't have them, so I changed to the Blue & Tan back then. Well I had to replace the pads finally, and as of two weeks ago they were out of the Blue & Tan ones, so I ordered and received the black pads that were in stock at that time.
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Jason has a terrible track record on eBay too. He's selling older gear there, and although some of it goes for great prices, there's lots of bad feedback.

He's never returned any of my emailed questions about products. Buyer beware.
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn
I am wondering if any of you folks know of a person at +POS whom I can ask for to get an answer.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Zero Gravity Mask but they are "waiting for the pads to arrive."

However, I cannot find out if the pads have actually been sent to +POS or any firm information.

Joe
Have you not seen any of the numerous threads over the years warning about Plus POS, their record of customer service, delayed deliveries and outright lying?
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Have you not seen any of the numerous threads over the years warning about Plus POS, their record of customer service, delayed deliveries and outright lying?
Sure, I saw each and every one of them, in fact, i memorized some of them and recite them at parties.

I just figured I would start a thread and pretend that I had not seen them.

Joe
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sure, I saw each and every one of them, in fact, i memorized some of them and recite them at parties.

Joe
Oh. How's it working out?
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Oh. How's it working out?
Seriously, how do they stay in business?
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711
Seriously, how do they stay in business?
As David Hannum, and not PT Barnum, once said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Or, there is HL Mencken's, "No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Joe
Your sarcastic reply notwithstanding, Garth's point is valid. To not know that Plus POS has a HORRIBLE customer service record, you would have had to have just fallen off the turnip truck and plopped onto the Internet, like, yesterday.
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hensley
Your sarcastic reply notwithstanding, Garth's point is valid. To not know that Plus POS has a HORRIBLE customer service record, you would have had to have just fallen off the turnip truck and plopped onto the Internet, like, yesterday.
Your juvenile use of the word 'like' notwithstanding...

All that I knew about them was that my friend got the Zero Gravity mask and loved it.

I have visited this forum on and off for a while and I have never seen anything about +POS.

Had I known that they had a lousy reputation, I would have gone elsewhere.

My sarcastic response was made because the question was so ridiculous. Of course I had not seen the threads.

Joe
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

Look, there's only one way to deal with +POS.

"Do you have abc in stock?"

if no --> hang up.

if yes -->

"Can you deliver it by next (pick a day five days away)? I need it for a tournament I'm traveling to. Don't bother if I can't get it in time."

If you don't get it in time, cancel it and call Honigs. +POS has some good stuff. I love their plate shoes, combo pants and long sleeved lined shirts (the best). But deal with them with caution, and heed my advice.

Last edited by kylejt; Mon Jul 31, 2006 at 08:15pm.
Old Mon Jul 31, 2006, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Joe
I bet GW couldn't get a mask with pads out of +POS by Thursday.