The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 21, 2006, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Now now Tim, don't be calling me a bunch of names in private messages. If you got anything to say to me, say it in public here!

Suck your d*ck? LOL...I don't have a magnifying glass to find it!
Old Fri Jul 21, 2006, 08:26pm
In Time Out

I had no idea that initiating a question with request to affixing a plastic throat protector would lead to so many unprofessional and inappropriate comments.

Come on, guys, let's get back to some level of class.
Old Fri Jul 21, 2006, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

In 17 years I have taken two to the throat. The first was about 5 years ago in a college game. The ball went off the catcher's glove and I got a full shot under my extended frame mask. My throat was sore for 3 weeks.

The other was this year in a college game. The ball bounced under the catcher and hit my shin guard and went straight up and went under my throat guard attached to my extended frame mask. This one was more of a glancing blow. I had a tough time talking for 2-3 daya and a sore throat for 10.

I have 2 masks, actually 3 but I have not used the 3rd one yet. I got it at a bargain price and just couldn't pass it up. One has the throat guard attached and the other does not. Both are extended masks. I guess I am superstitous because the two times I have been hit in the throat were college games so I always wear the one with the throat guard for college games. I sometimes use it for HS games, but I mostly use the other one.

To say it is stupid not to use one, or that it is stupid to use one, is just stupid. Like chest protectors and shin guards, shirts and pants, regular masks and hockey masks, everyone has their preference. To each his own.

Last edited by DG; Fri Jul 21, 2006 at 08:58pm.
Old Sat Jul 22, 2006, 03:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hock9
I had no idea that initiating a question with request to affixing a plastic throat protector would lead to so many unprofessional and inappropriate comments.

Come on, guys, let's get back to some level of class.
You should now be starting to understand why the field of Armature Umpiring is in the state it is in.

Being an umpire doesn't mean your a better person in general, or have special tallents. Although it should, and some do. To be an umpire, you just need equipment, and an association too desperate for bodies to care about quality to hire you.

It kind of reminds me of Actors. It always amazes me how people listen to what successful actors have to say about world issues. Like they have some special insight. People forget that they are just regular people, most of them punks, who lie better than anyone else for a living. A good living, yes, but philosophers, no.

Nick
Old Sat Jul 22, 2006, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxblue
Now now Tim, don't be calling me a bunch of names in private messages. If you got anything to say to me, say it in public here!

Suck your d*ck? LOL...I don't have a magnifying glass to find it!
This is exactly what ol Tim does. You say something on the forum that might piss him off, and he sends you a private message cussing you out like a 7th grader having to get the last word in. Are you really the big dog everybody says you are? You're a complete joke to me Tim, and I wouldn't listen to a word you said. It's sad a veteran such as you would be at the maturity level you are. You umpire baseball games? Good, quality baseball? Cripes!
Old Sat Jul 22, 2006, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Yeah, THIS is the kind of stuff he sends you. This isn't as bad as the "suck my d*ck" one from yesterday, nor the others in the past, but I think sharing them with the public with be good therapy for Tim.

Hey suckstick . . .
Just to make things square for your pea brain:

Let's see you are either:

********(name withheld to protect the innocent)

(You wouldn't be ********* or ********* as you noted that you did not vote for me in the election -- neither of these guys could have voted in the PBUA election).

. . . or you are lying when you say you worked AAA games.

And in answer to your comment concerning the 3 man clinic . . .

I work Saturdays punk.

Every Saturday at my job.

And no matter what you think *********(another name withheld) had asked me to help teach the clinic.

So suckstick I actually do know who "PDXBlue" really is.

See ya at next year's meetings coward.

Regards,

Tim

Officiating.com
Columnist
Strikes & Outs
Old Sat Jul 22, 2006, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxblue
Yeah, THIS is the kind of stuff he sends you. This isn't as bad as the "suck my d*ck" one from yesterday, nor the others in the past, but I think sharing them with the public with be good therapy for Tim.

Hey suckstick . . .
Just to make things square for your pea brain:

Let's see you are either:

(You wouldn't be ********* or ********* as you noted that you did not vote for me in the election -- neither of these guys could have voted in the PBUA election).

. . . or you are lying when you say you worked AAA games.

And in answer to your comment concerning the 3 man clinic . . .

I work Saturdays punk.

Every Saturday at my job.

And no matter what you think *********(another name withheld) had asked me to help teach the clinic.

So suckstick I actually do know who "PDXBlue" really is.

See ya at next year's meetings coward.

Regards,

Tim

Officiating.com
Columnist
Strikes & Outs
Let's see. Tim signs his posts and his emails. He admits ownership to everything he writes and takes the credit or criticism as it comes.

You, on the other hand, are an anonymous coward, too afraid to back up anything you say thus free to make any claim or accusation.

Tim may become a bit salty at time, but most do when dealing with anonymous attackers. To borrow a phrase from a friend, debating you is like nailing jello to a wall.

When you decide to put your purse down and can deal with the same responsibilities and consequences as identifiable posters, you will have some credibility.
Old Sun Jul 23, 2006, 08:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Rcichon
Wink Off Topic (!) but..

I use a long model. Took a foul ball off the dangling throat protector this season. It was sharp, straight and would have done some damage if the piece of plastic were not there.

This makes only the second time in my 'career' [13 years] it has happened.