The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 08, 2006, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25
Did I ever say an umpire should seek the input of a player? No. In fact, I specifically stated umpiring isn't up to a vote. I don't need to be lectured from someone who obviously assumed the wrong thing. I suggest you ditch the patronizing attitude and reread things once or twice before you puff up your chest and post. You're not dealing with a rookie umpire here.

I didn't assume the wrong thing. My opinion is being supported board wide.

You are guilty of the very same thing you've accused me of doing. Are you not telling me how to behave and making a judgement? I may not be dealing with a rookie, but when you've walked a mile in my shoes, then you can make an informed opinion about my judgement. Until then, please do not attempt to tell me what I did or did not assume.

This umpire blew the basic tenet of officiating. I will not allow you to destroy another thread with an ill informed post. You can have the last word here...it seems that most everyone else acknowledges that competent umpires don't require the assistance of the contestants to make the correct call. That is not judgemental, the truth stings only when there is an open wound. Go ahead and display that amzing wit for the world to see.
Old Thu Jun 08, 2006, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

For(r)est,

Rather than "piling on", let me just assure you that you are not the only umpire who has ever made this mistake.

While I commend your optimistic faith in the essential goodness of human nature (which I naively share), it has no place in officiating a baseball game.

Should you ever find yourself inclined to indulge this faith again while umpiring, just remember what your Momma always said:

"Stupid is as stupid does."

JM

P.S. Love the username. I hate you that you thought of it before I did.
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
I didn't assume the wrong thing.
Yes you did.

Quote:
My opinion is being supported board wide.
So now you do allude to a vote? Hypocritical.

Quote:
I may not be dealing with a rookie, but when you've walked a mile in my shoes, then you can make an informed opinion about my judgement.
Ah, the ole "walk a mile in my shoes" response. I suppose I could have said "you do over 4000 games over 29 years and you'd know my judgment," but I didn't.

It still is clear that you misinterpreted my original response to Forest. That happens. I'll just leave it at that.