The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 22, 2005, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

While the last guy in the med-school class is still called, "Doctor,".....I understand that local LLs have to use the umpires they can get and can't be too choosy.

..what I can't understand is why LL umpires with such obvious deficiencies are permitted/encouraged to work the LLWS on national television.....when even Harold Reynolds chews on you for 3 innings over an open mike, you have a serious credibility problem. Last night (I think, its been a rough weekend ) I watched part of a game where the PU set up at a perfect 45* angle (in the slot) to the batter and catcher- he was facing F4 square away for every pitch. How do you call a zone when you have to look over your left shoulder to see the pitcher? Does Lance know about this?

Does anyone from Williamsport watch these guys work before offering a position in Regionals or higher?

....in all the 'thousands' of 'health care professionals' out there, aren't there LL umpires who at least *approximate* a higher standard of umpire? Can't this cream-of-the-crop make it to the Regionals or Williamsport?

Isn't it important to the LL management?

jes sayin'