The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

I just checked out Sleazeteamz, and some guy is posting under the nickname "God".

Not only is his name God, but he is making joking comments about himself.

Post by Umpire: "Is anyone attending any of the weekends of the clinic? "

Post by God: "Yes, I am, but then again, I'm everywhere !" (Everywhere was in bold in the actual post.)

He has also made several other similar posts.

I find the very offensive, but it seems as if others on the board do not, and they are joking back at him.

It never ends on that website does it? It is either discussing what to do if the pitcher digs a hole in front of the rubber, or people making fun of God.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:54am
Official Forum Member

If it offends you, don't read it. Why don't you comment on those yo-yos who promote Jesus and/or Christianity in their monikers and posts.

Bob
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra
If it offends you, don't read it. Why don't you comment on those yo-yos who promote Jesus and/or Christianity in their monikers and posts.

Bob
How would I know if it offends me if I don't read it first?

There is nothing wrong with names like HHH, he also does not pretend to be God. There is a difference.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:34am
Official Forum Member

Question

I'm curious.

You obviously don't like eteamz. Why do you read it, and then post here about it's contents?

Do you realize how silly that is?

Kinda like,

"I hate television. It's the devil! Why just last night on Springer....."

I enjoy this forum, and others like it. McGriffs went over the edge with kooks, and I no longer read it. Take the hint and unbookmark eteamz.

p.s. the God schtick was a slap at the old geezers on this forum. It wasn't me, and it wasn't particularly funny, but I got it. Let's see if HHH responds.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:45am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kylejt
I'm curious.

You obviously don't like eteamz. Why do you read it, and then post here about it's contents?

I can't speak for LDUB, but I also dislike SleazeTeamz(c), in fact I coined the name "SleazeTeamz". Still, I visit once or twice a month for the pure entertainment value. Reading those threads can be a real hoot.

p.s. the God schtick was a slap at the old geezers on this forum. It wasn't me, and it wasn't particularly funny, but I got it. Let's see if HHH responds.

Tell me, what is the cut-off age for "old geezer". And, if I qualify, can I get a parking spot closer to the field?
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 02:06am
Official Forum Member

Red face

Membership to the Geezer club knows no age boundries.

Hiking ones Fechheimers above the navel might help.

Starting your blasts with "when I was your age" can't hurt.

Not being able to tell if you shined your shoes once you've put them on is a good start.

Slapping anyone who has anything to do with officiating youth games will put a star on your application form.

Bonus for extra hair in extraordinary places.

You walk like Walter Brennan.

You're old enough to know who Walter Brennan was.

Your white cane is made by Honigs.

You're so bored you read eteamz, and then send "Letters to the Editor" style posts on officialforums.com about them.

All aboard for Coot Town, Cremudgen, and Geezerville!

As an added bonus you'll recieve +POS suspenders with your approved membership.

[Edited by kylejt on Feb 25th, 2005 at 11:59 AM]
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 02:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kylejt
Membership to the Geezer club knows no age boundries.

Hiking ones Fechheimers above the navel might help.

Nope.

Starting your blasts with "when I was your age" can't hurt.

Not yet.

Not being able to tell if you shined your shoes once you've put them on is a good start.

No.

Slapping anyone who has anything to do with officiating youth games will put a star on your application form.

Just the kool-aide drinking "true believers."

Bonus for extra hair in extraordinary places.

Naw, just nice and thick were it's supposed to be.

You walk like Walter Brennan.

Who? Just kidding.

You're old enough to know who Walter Brennan was.

C'mon. He died in '74. That's not that long ago.

Your white cane is made by Honigs.

Better than Plus Pos. At least it would get delivered.

You're so bored you read eteamz, and then send "Letters to the Editor" style posts on officialforums.com about them.

Guilty of reading Sleazeteamz. It's phunni dammit.

[/B]
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 07:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kylejt

For those that do not know the history, about 5 years ago Carl gave me the name His Holiness. In his "honor", I adopted it as my moniker. Several people complained about my using such an exalted title because they thought that we were making fun of the Pope. In a rare moment of sensitivity to others feelings, (and also because I do not umpire in a dress), I modified the title to His High Holiness.

Because of my affection for the person who bestowed this title on me, I have proudly used it ever since.

If you think that "God" is in bad taste, you should have seen the "Satan" poster of many years back. That guy was so scary that even Gary McGriff deleted his posts.

Peter
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

I don't frequent e-teamz or whatever it is, but I would like to comment that the name His High Holiness is obviously used ironically, not remotely in an attempt at actual self-aggrandizement. If I called myself The Supreme Exalted Master of All Baseball and Softball Codes, would anyone think, "Gee, that guy has a big head. He has no right to call himself that"?

The fellow who calls himself God, it seems to me, falls into that same category, though he's trying to milk a stale and unimaginative gag. My objection would be that his posts are dull and irrelevant, not that he is actually setting himself up as God.

One might also argue that in an open forum, polite posters should think twice about either proselytizing or invoking Jesus' name in supposed humor. But, at least on this site, I haven't felt there's a problem in these areas. Apparently others have.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Wink My, my, my, aren't we grumpy today.

It may be a stale gag. So what ? If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out.

From what I can see, it probably wouldn't hurt your zone any.

You know, ever since the New Testament, I've been big on the whole tolerance thing. Maybe you started the book but didn't get that far ? I told them all the "begats" would put people off, but since when do they listen ?
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Talking ROTFLMAO

Quote:
Originally posted by God
It may be a stale gag. So what ? If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out.

From what I can see, it probably wouldn't hurt your zone any.

You know, ever since the New Testament, I've been big on the whole tolerance thing. Maybe you started the book but didn't get that far ? I told them all the "begats" would put people off, but since when do they listen ?
You have to love this guy.

HHH at your service, Almighty Power!
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Mmmmm,

God, is your favorite movie "Dogma"?
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 02:08pm
Donald L. Armstrong

Eteamz

I've just joined this site. I read eteam and enjoy it. If I learn half as much from this board as I have from eteam then I will consider this site an equal to eteam
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Donald:

That will depend on what you are trying to learn. If you are trying to become a better little league umpire, you will do better at Eteamz. Officialforum, for the most deals with baseball at older levels. I don't think there is any intent to equal Eteamz here.
Closed Thread