The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 09, 2017, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Ejection report

For NFHS, I am to fill out a report after I have ejected a player for unsportsmanlike like conduct. Does anyone have a link to this form or what I am to include? I have searched the rule book and it just says I am to report it within 48 hours....but I am unsure what all to include.
Old Sat Sep 09, 2017, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSBAL18 View Post
For NFHS, I am to fill out a report after I have ejected a player for unsportsmanlike like conduct. Does anyone have a link to this form or what I am to include? I have searched the rule book and it just says I am to report it within 48 hours....but I am unsure what all to include.
An ejection form should be available online on your states website. The form is pretty clear. Include the specific rule the player violated with a very short description, if necessary.

My state only requires the rule violated. Plain and simple is best. GL
Old Sat Sep 09, 2017, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSBAL18 View Post
I'm not aware of any reporting requirements in the NFHS rulebook. Ask the people who gave you their rulebook where and what to report. Most states/districts/ umpire chapters have a system for games under NFHS.
Old Sun Sep 10, 2017, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

If it is not clear otherwise, ask your assigner what you need to do and how.

In some sports around here, many officials also call their assigner on their way home, besides filling out a DQ form on the PIAA website.
Old Sun Sep 10, 2017, 09:18pm
TODO: creative title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
If it is not clear otherwise, ask your assigner what you need to do and how.

In some sports around here, many officials also call their assigner on their way home, besides filling out a DQ form on the PIAA website.
This.

Here's what I do (haven't had to eject anyone in baseball yet, but I've done it in football on two occasions)

1) When the ejection happens, write down the specifics on your game/lineup card immediately (Who, what inning, runners on base, number of outs, player batting).
2) as soon as you get home, call your assigner (some will even call the assigner while driving home... I don't because I don't like talking on my phone while driving, even with the speakerphone).
3) As soon as you're done talking to your assigner, do whatever he tells you to do. My assigner requested that we send him (and our association clinician) an email documenting the specifics of the ejection, so they can proofread it before I send it to the state office.
4) File your report with the state office (MN requires it within 24 hours).

Keep your report short, simple, and factual. Leave your emotions and opinions out of it.