The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old Mon Apr 10, 2017, 12:37pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I'm going to give you a minute to think about this sentence and decide whether to delete it or fix it.


I know that you want me to say RLV but in this case the B/R was legal all the way to 1B.

MTD, Sr.


P.S. Mark and I had the team at bat the day before and the it's batters were very well coached in running in the running lane when going to 1B.
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Ump. Assn.
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old Mon Apr 10, 2017, 12:55pm
Moderator M-800
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 8,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I know that you want me to say RLV but in this case the B/R was legal all the way to 1B.
I don't want you to say anything of the sort.

If the catcher touched home ... the BATTER is not the one that's out.
__________________
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'

West Houston Mike
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old Mon Apr 10, 2017, 02:28pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I'm going to give you a minute to think about this sentence and decide whether to delete it or fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I know that you want me to say RLV but in this case the B/R was legal all the way to 1B.

MTD, Sr.


P.S. Mark and I had the team at bat the day before and the it's batters were very well coached in running in the running lane when going to 1B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I don't want you to say anything of the sort.

If the catcher touched home ... the BATTER is not the one that's out.


DOH!!!



MTD, Sr.
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Ump. Assn.
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old Tue Apr 11, 2017, 07:00am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I don't want you to say anything of the sort.

If the catcher touched home ... the BATTER is not the one that's out.
It's irrelevant which one is out, because the run does not score either way.
__________________
Lurker from Massachusetts. Not an official in any sport.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old Tue Apr 11, 2017, 07:42am
Moderator M-800
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 8,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
It's irrelevant which one is out, because the run does not score either way.
We're all aware of that. But Mark is always very precise and particular. Just ribbing him a bit for a minor misspeak.
__________________
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'

West Houston Mike
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bases loaded walk CecilOne Softball 17 Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:00pm
Bases Loaded 2 outs Full Count Play onetime1 Baseball 23 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:59am
Bases Loaded Walk... mightymoose_22 Baseball 37 Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:05pm
Bases Loaded... mrm21711 Baseball 5 Mon May 29, 2006 05:09pm
bases loaded dropped third strike zebraman55 Softball 2 Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:49pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1