The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 07, 2020, 04:38pm
wife loves the goatee...

Still waiting...

Our Association here in NC had a Zoom mtg last night and our Assigner was very pessimistic. We really aren't hearing much that offers hope for a season any time soon.

It seems that every group is waiting for the Governor.
Old Sun Aug 09, 2020, 07:08am
Official Forum Member

Still waiting in the Commonwealth

As of this time, VHSL volleyball has been moved to a shortened season that will run from sometime in February until sometime in April. However, there is talk around that some of the private schools will do a fall season. Nothing concrete yet, but the board did conduct an availability survey for the fall. If so, I have added face masks, face shields, and an electronic whistle to my accessories.

The projected VHSL seasons are:
1) Winter - Dec to Feb;
2) Fall - Feb to Apr;
3) Spring - Apr to Jun.

Be safe out there!!
Old Mon Aug 10, 2020, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

In Illinois, HS volleyball has been moved to a shortened spring season starting February 15th and ending May 1.
Old Mon Aug 10, 2020, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

Here in Ohio the season is scheduled to go on as planned. I have my first scrimmage tomorrow. The sports that have been deemed "non-contact" (volleyball, cross country, golf and tennis) are proceeding as planned. Football and soccer are conducting practices but it has not been decided if they will play. The Ohio High School Athletic Association has shortened the football season to 6 games followed by tournament IF the state (governor) allows them to play.
Old Tue Aug 11, 2020, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Michigan is allowed to practice, but competition is still not allowed in several sports, volleyball included. The MHSAA is allowing practices but will make a decision on competitions on the 20th, a day before the first allowed day of competition in volleyball and many other sports. Limits have been put in place on the number of teams (4) per venue, so a lot of tourneys are being cancelled, while others are dropping to quads. I've already lost 1 all day tourney, and suspect many more will follow. What's interesting is practices officially start tomorrow, but under the governors order, indoor practices are not allowed. Some sports can be practiced outdoors, but this will really mess with others. Volleyball and swimming and diving are going to suffer. There is a big difference in volleyball from outdoor to indoor play. Some swim teams (high school and college) which don't have access to an outdoor pool have gone so far as to practice in Saginaw Bay, the Great Lakes or local lakes. A lot of outdoor pools never opened for the season. Places like Ann Arbor never opened their pools, so those, which are normally used by club teams in the summer are not open. It's going to be a mess of a fall, and as an official and an assigner, I'm scared about how long I can go with very limited income.
Old Thu Aug 13, 2020, 08:41am
wife loves the goatee...

NC just released a schedule that follow's Virginia's lead.... Volleyball pushed back to November IF Health Officials and politicians approve.
Old Sat Aug 15, 2020, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Michigan has just moved football to spring. Other sports, including volleyball are in the same position. Volleyball teams are still not allowed indoors to practice. I'm not liking the idea of a season.