The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Waiting for the tape

Onside kick - Ball travels 8 yds, touches K, then R, then K recovers. I beanbaged the spot of first touching. K coach was scream that R touched it and it was their ball.

R takes the ball down the field and scores and K coach was waiting for me and telling me that I missed it and he was going to said me the tape. I told him I was looking forward to seeing it. Any chance I'll ever see that tape? Have any coaches ever sent you guys a tape?
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 07:00pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVMartin View Post
Onside kick - Ball travels 8 yds, touches K, then R, then K recovers. I beanbaged the spot of first touching. K coach was scream that R touched it and it was their ball.

R takes the ball down the field and scores and K coach was waiting for me and telling me that I missed it and he was going to said me the tape. I told him I was looking forward to seeing it. Any chance I'll ever see that tape? Have any coaches ever sent you guys a tape?
Every week so far this season (Weeks 1-3), but that's because I give them 2 DVDs with a self-addressed and postaged envelope. I *want* to see the crew work.
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

I have given the crew a copy every week, even mailed one at my own expense for the first game.
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 08:13pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
I have given the crew a copy every week, even mailed one at my own expense for the first game.
Do you give comments or just the video?

I'm serious. I've attached a business card to the crew cards this season and told the head coach to feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns afterwards. Instead, they mostly go whining to the league commissioner (who assigns the crews).
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

I have made some comments via email when I let them know I have sent the DVD.
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 08:40pm
Official Forum Member

Coaches out this way will usually call the chapter interpreter first to get a ruling on a particular play. In this case, he would probably ask "why is this not my ball?"

Sometimes they will follow-up with a video mailed to the league assigner who in turn (after viewing) will also contact the chapter interpreter for a ruling and will forward the video to him. A written response will follow.

The play video may or may not be forwarded to the crew unless the interpreter does find or rule that something was missed.

If a video of the entire game is wanted, many teams will do that for you if you give them a tape or dvd along with a way to mail it to you. It's done as a courtesy, but at the high school level certainly not mandatory. We've seen a few of these "tapes" over the years, but the quality has been from fair to poor making them really useless for crew training.
If you have seen those Aloha training tapes, they are great. No way has that quality of the video been seen out here unless the game was a TV game of the week.

Last edited by Theisey; Sun Sep 20, 2009 at 08:46pm.
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 08:44pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theisey View Post
Coaches out this way will usually call the chapter interpreter first to get a ruling on a particular play. In this case, he would probably ask "why is this not my ball?"

Sometimes they will follow-up with a video mailed to the league assigner who in turn (after viewing) will also contact the chapter interpreter for a ruling and will forward the video to him. A written response will follow.

The play video may or may not be forwarded to the crew unless the interpreter does find or rule that something was missed.

If a video of the entire game is wanted, many teams will do that for you if you give them a tape or dvd along with a way to mail it to you. It's done as a courtesy, but at the high school level certainly not mandatory. We've seen a few of these "tapes" over the years, but the quality has been from fair to poor making them really useless for crew training.
Of you have seen those Aloha training tapes, they are great. No way has that quality of the video been seen out here unless the game was a TV game of the week.
We got one from Week 1 that looked to be HD. No kidding.
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Aloha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theisey View Post
If you have seen those Aloha training tapes, they are great.
What are the Aloha training tapes? And where can I find them?
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 08:34am
Get away from me, Steve.

Look here:

2009 Aloha Clinic Videos

Tests, Quizzes, and Training Videos

Last edited by Rich; Mon Sep 21, 2009 at 08:37am.
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

A coach in my area still owes me a steak dinner. I called OPI on his receivers and he said there wasn't a chance that his receiver picked the defender. I sent him my address and he said he would send the tape. 4 years later I'm still waiting!
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 02:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Every week so far this season (Weeks 1-3), but that's because I give them 2 DVDs with a self-addressed and postaged envelope. I *want* to see the crew work.
We have done that in the past, it almost never works. They still do not send the information.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 04:44pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
We have done that in the past, it almost never works. They still do not send the information.

Peace
Does the crew chief follow up with the AD?

I have no shame -- I'll email the AD during the second week after the game if they haven't sent it.
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 05:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Does the crew chief follow up with the AD?

I have no shame -- I'll email the AD during the second week after the game if they haven't sent it.
I have done this personally during the basketball season, only to get tapes never or much later in the year. And as it relates to football, there are many tapes we have not gotten back.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

See, everyone gives me crap but I have never failed to take care of this if asked.
Old Tue Sep 22, 2009, 03:33pm
Get away from me, Steve.

4-for-4. Last Friday's DVD arrived in today's mail.