The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 06, 2015, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

Kicked one tonight / MS game

4th inning B8 is due up. B9 comes up and draws a walk. OC comes out and says we had the incorrect batter. No pitches thrown to B1 yet. I called B8 out, and stupid me, let B9's walk stand. We continued with 1 out and B9 on first base.

It should have been an out on B8, B9 comes back up to bat and we continue with 1 out and B9 up, correct.

I have never had an OC come up and tell me his team batter our of order, before the next pitch. I've had it after the first pitch, but never before.

Also had a batter come in with her own helmet minus the face shield. She arrived after the game started so the batting helmet wasn't checked. She walked into the ODC with it and the coach was immediately told she needed a different helmet. Got to explain to mom why that helmet (borrowed from baseball playing brother) wasn't legal.

At least my screwup didn't change the outcome. The final was 22-7 in 5 innings, using a 7 run per inning rule. If we didn't have that rule we might still be playing the top of the first inning.
Old Thu May 07, 2015, 07:29am
Official Forum Member

Using your description, you kicked it, but not in the way you thought. Only the defensive team may appeal batting out of order, not the offensive team. Assuming NFHS Rules, the citation is Page 56, Rule 7.1.2 Penalty 1 Note.
Old Thu May 07, 2015, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Next time OC tries to fix this, tell him there's nothing you can do at this moment. DC can steal appeal until the next pitch... but it's also their right to NOT appeal, and leave action as is. (Why would they do this? Perhaps the batter that walked had already hit 2 HR that day and DC preferred the skip and the walk to an out and facing the stud hitter).

West Houston Mike
Old Thu May 07, 2015, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Batting out of order seems pretty vanilla based on some of the other things that happen in your games per your recent postings.

Are you sure that the first baseman didn't obstruct B9's advance to first base, then the coach pushed F3 away and carried B9 to first base while at the same time, a hot air balloon was landing in left field?

(I'm just having a little fun with you...)
Old Fri May 08, 2015, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Batting out of order seems pretty vanilla based on some of the other things that happen in your games per your recent postings.

Are you sure that the first baseman didn't obstruct B9's advance to first base, then the coach pushed F3 away and carried B9 to first base while at the same time, a hot air balloon was landing in left field?

(I'm just having a little fun with you...)
Ha ha, but they used to launch hot air balloons from right field at this park.