The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Getting Back in the swing of things

First let me say hello to all of the familiar names I see here from back in march 2012 when I dissapeared.... its good to be back

Last night I had some pretty interesting things come up....
Local USSSA slowpitch mens league with some local mod's

Situation 1.....chief's/ partners strike zone is EXTREMELY tight when its there
but for most of the first 2 innings his stike zone moves from having to be 3 inches off the apex of plate to bouncing off the dirt clearly off the plate. literally the most inconsistent Ive ever seen. The pitcher starts asking where he needs to put the ball and gets no response from plate U
this goe3s on for awhile and then he stops takes his glove off and walks out to me behind 2nd complaining asking where he needs to pitch the ball... i said look pitch were not gonna argue his balls and strikes, I explain that the plate umpire doesnt ever have to tell him where to put the ball or "wave him around" as we sometimes do.

he comes to me 2x in the same game.... how could i have handled this differently???

situation 2.... Im BU again and have a runner on first I for somereason have the mindset that it has to be a tag play... well not looking to first hearing the players go nuts and even the runner laugh i start to walk down to the PU to basically collect my own thoughts.. he throws his hand up in the STOP! fashion and yells "dont come to me"...im thrown for a total loop at this point leave the call as it stands. Safe. and walk over to behind 1st in FT couple of pitches go by and this monkey starts waving me down to have me go back out into the field into the proper mechanic slot.....

now i understand i was out of position. but... tell me what you guys think and how i need to improve and also if im wrong to tell my assignor that i will never call with that guy again
Old Wed Sep 25, 2013, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

?????

this has been viewed alot? am i out of line?
Old Wed Sep 25, 2013, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
he stops takes his glove off and walks out to me behind 2nd complaining
Really? If your partner doesn't toss him for that, I would.

Quote:
he throws his hand up in the STOP! fashion and yells "dont come to me"
Wow -- what an @$$. I'm not sure I'd work with this guy again. Granted, YOU screwed the pooch, but a conference was not out of order --- and if your partner thought you screwed up a rule (you did), he should be more than willing to insist you fix it.

Quote:
this monkey starts waving me down to have me go back out into the field
Really? Ok, he's an @$$ for what he did earlier... but you're calling HIM names because YOU were out of position? Hmmm.....

West Houston Mike
Old Wed Sep 25, 2013, 06:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
First let me say hello to all of the familiar names I see here from back in march 2012 when I dissapeared.... its good to be back

Last night I had some pretty interesting things come up....
Local USSSA slowpitch mens league with some local mod's

Situation 1.....chief's/ partners strike zone is EXTREMELY tight when its there
but for most of the first 2 innings his stike zone moves from having to be 3 inches off the apex of plate to bouncing off the dirt clearly off the plate. literally the most inconsistent Ive ever seen. The pitcher starts asking where he needs to put the ball and gets no response from plate U
this goe3s on for awhile and then he stops takes his glove off and walks out to me behind 2nd complaining asking where he needs to pitch the ball... i said look pitch were not gonna argue his balls and strikes, I explain that the plate umpire doesnt ever have to tell him where to put the ball or "wave him around" as we sometimes do.

he comes to me 2x in the same game.... how could i have handled this differently???

situation 2.... Im BU again and have a runner on first I for somereason have the mindset that it has to be a tag play... well not looking to first hearing the players go nuts and even the runner laugh i start to walk down to the PU to basically collect my own thoughts.. he throws his hand up in the STOP! fashion and yells "dont come to me"...im thrown for a total loop at this point leave the call as it stands. Safe. and walk over to behind 1st in FT couple of pitches go by and this monkey starts waving me down to have me go back out into the field into the proper mechanic slot.....

now i understand i was out of position. but... tell me what you guys think and how i need to improve and also if im wrong to tell my assignor that i will never call with that guy again
I don't know. I had too much trouble understanding what your situation was. Your writing and punctuation are horrible and very difficult to read.